Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 09:30 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times

Advertisements

didnt read all the pages of comments,

but did anyone suggest having a "boyfriend" come over and have HIM tell the guy to put some clothes on.... or if a guy is not avail ---borrow one -- or a tough girl to yell at him. Someone needs to tell this guy to GROW UP and in no uncertain terms.

If its YOUR lease make a point of threatening to find a new roommate if he doesn't change. Next time make it a part of your LEASE. Clothing is NOT OPTIONAL.

Telling him he is "disrespectful" .. I'm sorry, but words like that will not change this creeps mind. He will just laugh to himself and keep on doing whatever he wants. The last thing you want to tell him is that you are in any way afraid of him or feel belittled -- that just fans his flame.

He's acting like a child -- treat him like one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 09:43 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
If CR asks him again to put on a robe or whatever and he continues to ignore her, it’s time to look at giving written conditions for the next lease term.

I like that.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:55 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
So is his going pantsless a new habit???
Well, he doesn't walk around without his briefs. If he did that, I'd have read him the riot act the very first time he did it, and he now would be either gone or else walking around in a robe or sweats. But yes, he only started wearing nothing but his undies about 6 months ago. I'm not sure why he decided that it was finally okay to start acting as though he was still serving in the army and living in the barracks, and there's no point in asking him. He'd just roll his eyes and beat a retreat back to his room without answering me.

Dave displays any number of odd behaviors, but as I've mentioned, he's not a threatening person and he keeps to himself, so I let most of his stuff slide.

Oddly enough, Dave has not wandered out in his skivvies every since I started this thread. My PC is on my desk in the living room and if I forget to turn it off, I'm pretty sure that Dave takes the opportunity to glance at the screen to see what I've been up to. I'm going to install a password protected screensaver as soon as I finish typing this reply.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:13 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,038 times
This to me isn't a big deal. I had roommates both male and female for a number of years, and, well, this is what happens when you live with someone. He might not be the person of the year, but if he pays his rent i'd just ignore it.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:58 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times
I wouldn't ignore it. Whenever he popped out of his room in just his undershorts, I would say "Pants, please!" Keep saying it every time he does it. Someone suggested that you have a little talk with him about respect, which was very good advice.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:18 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, he doesn't walk around without his briefs. If he did that, I'd have read him the riot act the very first time he did it, and he now would be either gone or else walking around in a robe or sweats. But yes, he only started wearing nothing but his undies about 6 months ago. I'm not sure why he decided that it was finally okay to start acting as though he was still serving in the army and living in the barracks, and there's no point in asking him. He'd just roll his eyes and beat a retreat back to his room without answering me.

Dave displays any number of odd behaviors, but as I've mentioned, he's not a threatening person and he keeps to himself, so I let most of his stuff slide.

Oddly enough, Dave has not wandered out in his skivvies every since I started this thread. My PC is on my desk in the living room and if I forget to turn it off, I'm pretty sure that Dave takes the opportunity to glance at the screen to see what I've been up to. I'm going to install a password protected screensaver as soon as I finish typing this reply.
Well then, problem solved.

Hurrah!

Old 11-18-2019, 02:51 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Well then, problem solved.

Hurrah!
Yeah, I'd like to thank all my friends on City Data for solving my problem for me. I bet he read every single one of your replies!

Old 11-18-2019, 04:08 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Good! He sounds like a right plonker.

Old 11-18-2019, 06:39 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I wouldn't ignore it. Whenever he popped out of his room in just his undershorts, I would say "Pants, please!" Keep saying it every time he does it.
That's what I would do too, as loudly as possible.

Old 11-19-2019, 03:04 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Take a picture with your phone of him in all (or most of) his glory. Download it to Fastposters.com or something similar and have a half dozen made. Post them all around the house until he gets the hint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships