Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 10:02 PM

10 posts, read 5,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
Is it normal to have nude pictures on he cloud?
It seems to be, well, not unheard of, and a lot of Hollywood types seem to have had bad luck with those too I hear.

There are protections in place to keep them out of sight to those who you don't want to see them, but apparently I was careless last time I reorganized them, and missed a step or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
psssst. Don't tell him - I can't wait until the first security breach where we all get to see them
Honestly, at this stage of my life, if that happened, (and I know you were just teasing with me) I probably wouldn't care. I now look at them somewhat flatteringly, as strange as that may sound. Probably why I kept a record of them. I'm not sure, how, umm, *seasoned* you are, but from where I am at, these 20 year old pics are, well, I wish I looked that good now.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
Sure it was accidental wink wink

Seriously, though. I’m guessing she saw them but didn’t say anything to you to save you the embarrassment. So she probably knows they were sent by accident .
That's my hunch as well, but at this point I really don't know.

Quote:
I think you’re safe to ignore and let it go. Or you could bring it up and say, “Hey, I just realized I may have sent you some inappropriate material by accident. Please disregard and accept my apology. It was not intended.” Problem with that is you may be bringing it to her attention if she wasn’t aware of the pics already.
Well, if she wasn't aware, she won't be able to go back and look. I set the folder to be out of sight to anybody who wanders in on the public area. Too little too late maybe, but better safe than sorry.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Delete the pictures or if you must save them put them on a thumb drive disconnected from everything.
I didn't want to have them where other members of my family might stumble upon them, that's why I put them where I did. (I just screwed up on setting them up so they were out of sight) Having them on something physical like a USB stick was too chancy I thought, those are always needed it seems, and are being "borrowed" for any number of reasons, (work, school projects, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Honestly, what people decide is OK to keep on socially-shareable media is insane.
Yeah, it wasn't supposed to be shareable, but here we are.

Better yet, here I am.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Why are old nude photos even something you keep? Are those something people look back at fondly?
In this case, it sorta is.

It was at a very memorable time of my life, and they (there was only 2, FWIW) were taken by someone who I no longer am in touch with, but who meant a lot to me.

Over the years I have learned to appreciate them for what they are, and I just like knowing that they are there.

And again, maybe it's vain, but I miss 20-something year old me. Ha!

Old 11-23-2019, 06:54 AM

6,466 posts, read 3,985,300 times
So you think she may have gone snooping around your account in folders other than the one you sent her a link to, and you think you're the one who did something wrong? I say if she can't keep her nose to herself, she deserves whatever she sees.

Old 11-23-2019, 07:35 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Sure it was accidental wink wink

Seriously, though. I’m guessing she saw them but didn’t say anything to you to save you the embarrassment. So she probably knows they were sent by accident .

I think you’re safe to ignore and let it go. Or you could bring it up and say, “Hey, I just realized I may have sent you some inappropriate material by accident. Please disregard and accept my apology. It was not intended.” Problem with that is you may be bringing it to her attention if she wasn’t aware of the pics already.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Mistakes like that happen.
Haha - yeah, I had a boss at work and back in the day he was always accidentally letting ladies see his naked pics - somehow never an accident with other guys! Hmmmmmmmmmm

Old 11-23-2019, 07:36 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
So you think she may have gone snooping around your account in folders other than the one you sent her a link to, and you think you're the one who did something wrong? I say if she can't keep her nose to herself, she deserves whatever she sees.
If I was given access I'd think I had access to all! How would I know I was supposed to "keep my eyes down"? OP should not blame her and neither should you!

Old 11-23-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Haha - yeah, I had a boss at work and back in the day he was always accidentally letting ladies see his naked pics - somehow never an accident with other guys! Hmmmmmmmmmm
You know, you’re right!

So I tried to remember exactly when I may have screwed up. I was only thinking about her because she was the most recent (very recent) person I referred to my folder. But I have also sent it to others, including some online forums. (A couple of great mountain shots, northern lights and sunsets) here and there. While those were linked to individual pics, if you click the pic it goes to the Flickr version I believe. I have no idea if anybody did that, but the possibility is there.

I’m sure I have done just that, but I can’t remember exactly how many times.

This may have just gone from possibly bad to worse, thanks for making me realize that.

But the good news is I have made them invisible again.

And so far nobody has given me a reason to think they’ve been seen.

Old 11-23-2019, 12:23 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,982,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooper Genious View Post
You know, you’re right!

So I tried to remember exactly when I may have screwed up. I was only thinking about her because she was the most recent (very recent) person I referred to my folder. But I have also sent it to others, including some online forums. (A couple of great mountain shots, northern lights and sunsets) here and there. While those were linked to individual pics, if you click the pic it goes to the Flickr version I believe. I have no idea if anybody did that, but the possibility is there.

I’m sure I have done just that, but I can’t remember exactly how many times.

This may have just gone from possibly bad to worse, thanks for making me realize that.

But the good news is I have made them invisible again.

And so far nobody has given me a reason to think they’ve been seen.
Keep in mind that some people are so computer illiterate that they can't even see what's at the link you sent them, much less figure out how to get to the root and poke around in other folders.

So.... you may be ok.... or not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships