Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 01:56 AM

10 posts, read 5,690 times

Advertisements

As the post title states, I was sending an old friend, (actually the ex of one of my buddies) a link to a Flickr folder that had a large set of pictures of a visit I made visiting them years ago, and realized that she almost certainly saw another folder in my account where I kept some (old) nude pics. That folder was supposed to be private, but for some reason last time I added to/reorganized my pics I guess I didn't set the security right.

I am not 100% confident she saw them, but I really suspect she did, as she made a comment in her last email about another pic that was in another folder (not the nudes one, but not the ones of my visit) than the one I shared. But if she did check out other folders, she probably did see my nudes as well.

I don't think she would be offended by them, but am really worried that whole situation crossed a line. We've always been fun-flirty, so if she did see me nude I'm surprised she didn't say something, so there is hope that she didn't see them.

I don't know how to feel about this, should I apologize, just in case? Ignore it and carry on? Anybody ever had a similar situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 05:24 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Ignore it.

Change your settings now.

Old 11-22-2019, 06:59 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooper Genious View Post
As the post title states, I was sending an old friend, (actually the ex of one of my buddies) a link to a Flickr folder that had a large set of pictures of a visit I made visiting them years ago, and realized that she almost certainly saw another folder in my account where I kept some (old) nude pics. That folder was supposed to be private, but for some reason last time I added to/reorganized my pics I guess I didn't set the security right.

I am not 100% confident she saw them, but I really suspect she did, as she made a comment in her last email about another pic that was in another folder (not the nudes one, but not the ones of my visit) than the one I shared. But if she did check out other folders, she probably did see my nudes as well.

I don't think she would be offended by them, but am really worried that whole situation crossed a line. We've always been fun-flirty, so if she did see me nude I'm surprised she didn't say something, so there is hope that she didn't see them.

I don't know how to feel about this, should I apologize, just in case? Ignore it and carry on? Anybody ever had a similar situation?
Ignore it and ignore her - you don't want to mess with your buddies ex. Guy code!!

Old 11-22-2019, 09:06 AM

669 posts, read 321,303 times
Is it normal to have nude pictures on he cloud?

Old 11-22-2019, 09:12 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
psssst. Don't tell him - I can't wait until the first security breach where we all get to see them

Old 11-22-2019, 11:35 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,407,229 times
Sure it was accidental wink wink

Seriously, though. I’m guessing she saw them but didn’t say anything to you to save you the embarrassment. So she probably knows they were sent by accident .

I think you’re safe to ignore and let it go. Or you could bring it up and say, “Hey, I just realized I may have sent you some inappropriate material by accident. Please disregard and accept my apology. It was not intended.” Problem with that is you may be bringing it to her attention if she wasn’t aware of the pics already.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Mistakes like that happen.

Old 11-22-2019, 03:40 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynaydee View Post
Or you could bring it up and say, “Hey, I just realized I may have sent you some inappropriate material by accident. Please disregard and accept my apology. It was not intended.” Problem with that is you may be bringing it to her attention if she wasn’t aware of the pics already.
Delete the pictures or if you must save them put them on a thumb drive disconnected from everything. If you do decide to apologize but she didn't happen to see them, she won't be able to sneak a peek. Honestly, what people decide is OK to keep on socially-shareable media is insane.

Old 11-22-2019, 04:11 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
I wouldn't think so... At least not hosted on sites such as Flickr, where it's common to share photos.

Why are old nude photos even something you keep? Are those something people look back at fondly?

Old 11-22-2019, 07:23 PM

6,819 posts, read 11,550,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I wouldn't think so... At least not hosted on sites such as Flickr, where it's common to share photos.

Why are old nude photos even something you keep? Are those something people look back at fondly?
They aren’t nudes, but I look back at my high school and college pictures and almost cry I was so skinny and kinda cute.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:57 PM

10 posts, read 5,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Change your settings now.
Oh yeah, did that as soon as I saw that that folder wasn't locked down as I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships