Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 09:27 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,646,705 times

Advertisements

Don't confront her, just give her the silent treatment and ignore her for the next couple of weeks. And then just leave, without as much as a "goodbye" to her. Most people hate that and it will do more to get under her skin than a confrontation would. If she asks you something, answer as monosyllabic as possible and then remove yourself from her company. Don't join her if you come across her in the apartment/house, just go straight to your room. And lock your room door so she can't snoop or take anymore of your stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2019, 10:10 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,548,535 times
Let me put this a simple way:

if you are with a person who talks a LOT about other people, you are GARANTEED that this person will talk about you too, promises or not. A sad lesson that most people learn.

Old 11-27-2019, 10:35 AM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyCar7 View Post
Some of my friends said if I do say something just go easy on her. I am thinking about just saying I feel that you have wronged me in a lot of ways in this program. I am glad I don't have to deal with you anymore take care.
No. If you say something you should warn her to keep her lips closed because her friends told you everything she said about you and that one day someone will teach her a life lesson. If you're going to say something, make it count, not that she wronged you. I would have my video on the phone so it's recorded because she will lie to others so you can warn her you have video, just make sure she doesn't have access to your cell.

She will never learn even when she loses all of her friends. It will always be the other person's fault.

Old 11-27-2019, 11:33 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,791,878 times
This is why I never wanted to share a place with the other sex. There's way too much drama, I don't need to hold someone's hand or deal with THEIR drama. I have seen so many "Friendships end in nasty fights or battles or (Even worse) one of them split and leave the other stiffed with the full rent.

Let this be a lesson....Then walk like a man and leave her behind....

Old 11-27-2019, 12:03 PM

96 posts, read 87,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
This is why I never wanted to share a place with the other sex. There's way too much drama, I don't need to hold someone's hand or deal with THEIR drama. I have seen so many "Friendships end in nasty fights or battles or (Even worse) one of them split and leave the other stiffed with the full rent.

Let this be a lesson....Then walk like a man and leave her behind....
I know first time living with a female roomie too. Girls don't play by the same rules as men. For me your word is your honor. I get a bitter feeling just taking the high road and not saying anything. At the very least I want to give her a verbal jab like you are a pos person and I am glad I don't have to deal with you anymore.

Old 11-27-2019, 12:15 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times
I agree a passive-aggressive treatment is best - but very subtle until you are walking out the door.

Just be "fake friendly," smile, and keep to yourself. Don't engage with her AT ALL.

Don't be hostile either - just go about your business and ignore her completely without being really super obvious about it. Withdraw your attention from her, basically.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:46 PM

5,675 posts, read 5,890,781 times
You best just keep your mouth shut. A dude, living with a girl, and you pizz her off you get in trouble!!

Old 11-27-2019, 07:57 PM

96 posts, read 87,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
You best just keep your mouth shut. A dude, living with a girl, and you pizz her off you get in trouble!!
True I can't win. Feel like as a guy you just remain stoic and just take it. Girls act crazy try to get a rise out of you. They want you to break and the moment you do they win.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:12 PM

18,109 posts, read 15,690,551 times
Silence can say more than any amount of words. You have nothing to gain by confronting her. Take the high road, which you'll never regret doing. Make a clean break. Look forward and keep looking forward.

Old 11-27-2019, 11:51 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Solution: Never talk about your sex life (except maybe to the person with whom you're having it). No one tells the truth about it, anyway.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 11-28-2019 at 12:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships