Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 12:07 AM

352 posts, read 225,670 times

Advertisements

She obviously lacks integrity, sounds entitled, and, as you mentioned, she's a liar. At this point, I'd record EVERY interaction with her until your lease ends and you move out. Sounds like the type of woman that would falsely accuse you of rape. I'd place cameras in your room and use the audio recorder on your phone ANYTIME you have to interact with her over next couple weeks...and minimize interactions with her (only the bare minimum).

She'll cross the wrong person down the road. Karma will catch up to her and her parents won't be able to save her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2019, 01:20 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
This girl can't be trusted. In reality few people can be trusted. Unfortunately you laid all your cards on the table. Now that you know the true character of this chic, it is time to keep things to yourself. Put your cards away so to speak.

Old 11-28-2019, 08:50 AM

1,299 posts, read 823,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyCar7 View Post
I know first time living with a female roomie too. Girls don't play by the same rules as men. For me your word is your honor. I get a bitter feeling just taking the high road and not saying anything. At the very least I want to give her a verbal jab like you are a pos person and I am glad I don't have to deal with you anymore.
Then be a man and interact with women. You sound like a petulant boy.

You are forgetting that you started all of this by gossiping to an acquaintance (your roommate) about someone who should have been able to trust you (your girlfriend). You can pout all you want about her telling others, but she isn't the one with any skin in the game, so to speak.

You betrayed your girlfriend and got busted. Take your lumps, learn to not talk trash about people you like/love and move on.

Old 11-28-2019, 09:31 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
Then be a man and interact with women. You sound like a petulant boy.

You are forgetting that you started all of this by gossiping to an acquaintance (your roommate) about someone who should have been able to trust you (your girlfriend). You can pout all you want about her telling others, but she isn't the one with any skin in the game, so to speak.

You betrayed your girlfriend and got busted. Take your lumps, learn to not talk trash about people you like/love and move on.
You have a point. If hes going to vent about a GF it should only be to a friend he knows can keep their mouth shut

Old 11-28-2019, 09:41 AM

6,305 posts, read 4,201,329 times
Quote:
Tl;DR Roomie pretended to be my friend, invaded my personal life, backstabbed me by ruining my relationship and gossiping about me to everyone. Should I confront her?
You complain of someone gossiping and not being trustworthy but you actually did the same to your girlfriend. You gossiped and complained about her behind her back and are not trustworthy. Let this be a lesson to NEVER discuss and complain about other people behind their backs. You are a grown man, nobody MADE you do anything, you made the choice to gossip about your girlfriend.

That said, I think some of the advice you've been given is wise. Say nothing, set up a camera in your room, make sure to record interactions, keep interactions to a bare minimum until she moves out.

Old 11-28-2019, 02:51 PM

96 posts, read 87,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
You complain of someone gossiping and not being trustworthy but you actually did the same to your girlfriend. You gossiped and complained about her behind her back and are not trustworthy. Let this be a lesson to NEVER discuss and complain about other people behind their backs. You are a grown man, nobody MADE you do anything, you made the choice to gossip about your girlfriend.

That said, I think some of the advice you've been given is wise. Say nothing, set up a camera in your room, make sure to record interactions, keep interactions to a bare minimum until she moves out.
yeah its true. definitely a life lesson. That doesn't excuse her for what she did. Her breaking up my relationship I am not that mad about its my fault. Her gossiping about my personal life to everyone she talks to that is plain wrong. Even if I did not vent to her she would still gossip about my personal life to everyone which she did when I was talking to other people she proceeded to gossip as well that is when I did not talk to her much.

Old 11-28-2019, 09:24 PM

6,305 posts, read 4,201,329 times
Quote:
yeah its true. definitely a life lesson. That doesn't excuse her for what she did. Her breaking up my relationship I am not that mad about its my fault. Her gossiping about my personal life to everyone she talks to that is plain wrong. Even if I did not vent to her she would still gossip about my personal life to everyone which she did when I was talking to other people she proceeded to gossip as well that is when I did not talk to her much.

Of course it doesn’t excuse her.

Old 11-29-2019, 06:33 AM

1,831 posts, read 1,433,133 times
No matter how badly you want to confront her, do not do it. In this day and age, simply saying something can get you accused of some physical threat, an actual crime, anything to make her out as a victim.

Don't go there, if you value your future. The satisfaction of having the last word will not equal the destruction of your life by a vindictive liar who has already revealed herself as same.

As others have said, record every interaction, keep your bedroom door locked, simply say goodbye and leave when the time comes. Allow karma to catch up with her without your personal involvement.

Old 11-29-2019, 07:56 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,791,588 times
Say nothing and move out. You are not going to change her.

You admit you learned your lesson.

Although different circumstances than you I once had a problem roommate. He "sublet" the place, without paperwork, from two of his friends who moved out. I moved in also without paperwork.

We shared four bills-phone (landline), cable, electric and rent. When the bills came I always gave him my half immediately. About two months in over a few weeks we get disconnect notices for electric, cable, and phone-all bills I paid my share on. He cleared them all up and I dismissed it as him being sloppy with the bills.

Then he starts acting different. He gets fired. I catch him in lies about silly things. One morning the phone rings and it is the property manager telling me she is on her way over to serve an eviction notice. Roomie is not home. Manager goes on to say rent is late again and she is tired of chasing after it. I also learned how much the rent actually is. I was supposed to be paying half but was actually paying more than half.

Ironically I had left my rent check on the table that morning. I tore it up and found a new place that morning. I moved out in seven hours that day.

I never confronted him. I did leave a note saying I could not live this way. Never heard from him again. It felt great.

Several weeks later a mutual friend told me he and his friend disappeared (moved) in the middle of the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships