Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 09:19 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,078,910 times

Advertisements

Changing bank accounts won't hurt your credit score. Change your account so you no longer get any of their money to spend recklessly. I like that you keep ignoring that solid piece of advice. Start acting like a real adult and then you can talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2019, 09:35 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
The irony is that not having a permanent place to live DOES affect credit decisions. Lenders look at “address instability” as a negative factor. I guess OP hasn’t thought of that.
And getting a full-time job without a permanent address is difficult, too.

Old 12-15-2019, 12:19 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times
No wonder they're anxious . . . they have a grown son who doesn't have permanent housing, displays poor judgment with money, has been taking their money for years, is hostile and passive-aggressive, etc., etc.

I feel for these parents.

The OP has no kindness, empathy, or awareness of his effects on his parents. He doesn't see himself in the equation at all.

Old 12-17-2019, 12:52 PM

89 posts, read 48,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
The irony is that not having a permanent place to live DOES affect credit decisions. Lenders look at “address instability” as a negative factor. I guess OP hasn’t thought of that.

I haven't updated any credit agencies, my bank , lenders, etc with the multiple airbnb addresses so I fail to see the relevance. I can just give the address on my driver's license which has remained the same since I moved to the area 1.5 yrs ago. Before that I moved around for school, work but kept the same old address for years , just signed up for mail forwarding service.

Old 12-17-2019, 01:00 PM

Bad news. I caved into the advice here and provided my parents with the free texting app number that works on Wifi / data, and an actual assigned phone number for regular cell service / texting, so 2 numbers to reach me. What happened yesterday? I can't log into my phone, I try to swipe the lock screen up, the cursor flashes and it doesn't let me type in the password, so the phone is useless. It's now in safe mode (Moto G 4th gen.), and I may have to do a hard reset and lose all my data if I can figure out how. Since I can't log in, I can't see or answer texts, nor calls. I do have an old back up phone whose plan is expired that I could go out and buy a prepaid top up voucher for, but I don't know what to do with the newer phone whose monthly service is active but unusable.

Also in other bad news, the airbnb I'm at that costs $65/night hasn't had aqequate heating in days, I'm tried from long shifts and lack of sleep, plus Thursday I have to move out because the house is rented out for the holiday period. So I'll be temporarily homeless in 2 days... until I find another temporary airbnb but I can't use the phone app since I can't log in. Nothing is going right for me it seems.

Should I tell my parents what's going on? My dad doesn't like to hear about problems, only solutions. So that's why I usually keep info from them because to me, no news is good news, whereas they think no news from me = bad news.

Old 12-17-2019, 01:06 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,358,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthehotseat View Post
I haven't updated any credit agencies, my bank , lenders, etc with the multiple airbnb addresses so I fail to see the relevance. I can just give the address on my driver's license which has remained the same since I moved to the area 1.5 yrs ago. Before that I moved around for school, work but kept the same old address for years , just signed up for mail forwarding service.
Think they rely on you to update them? Not so. You wouldn't believe how much they know about you, some of it true and some not. If you charge your airbnb's or pretty much anything, they can and will track you. Order a credit report from them. It will be an eye opener.

Old 12-17-2019, 01:09 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,571,675 times
Quote:
Bad news. I caved into the advice here and provided my parents with the free texting app number that works on Wifi / data, and an actual assigned phone number for regular cell service / texting, so 2 numbers to reach me. What happened yesterday? I can't log into my phone, I try to swipe the lock screen up, the cursor flashes and it doesn't let me type in the password, so the phone is useless. It's now in safe mode (Moto G 4th gen.), and I may have to do a hard reset and lose all my data if I can figure out how. Since I can't log in, I can't see or answer texts, nor calls. I do have an old back up phone whose plan is expired that I could go out and buy a prepaid top up voucher for, but I don't know what to do with the newer phone whose monthly service is active but unusable.

Also in other bad news, the airbnb I'm at that costs $65/night hasn't had aqequate heating in days, I'm tried from long shifts and lack of sleep, plus Thursday I have to move out because the house is rented out for the holiday period. So I'll be temporarily homeless in 2 days... until I find another temporary airbnb but I can't use the phone app since I can't log in. Nothing is going right for me it seems.

Should I tell my parents what's going on? My dad doesn't like to hear about problems, only solutions. So that's why I usually keep info from them because to me, no news is good news, whereas they think no news from me = bad news.
Sometimes those free apps can mess up your phone. Don't tell them. You're going to find a place even if it's a motel so just tell him everything is fine.

Old 12-17-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Sometimes those free apps can mess up your phone. Don't tell them. You're going to find a place even if it's a motel so just tell him everything is fine.

Right, I regret telling them I have to move out every weekend..might as well tell them everything is fine if that's what calms them down. This instability is my problem to deal with. Besides I'm going to end up in another airbnb in the near term anyway.

Old 12-17-2019, 01:59 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
What happened to your Air B&B with the woman you had the crush on?

Old 12-17-2019, 02:54 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times
Quote:

You have very weird problems.

Fix the phone or buy a new one.

Rent an apartment.

Basically, act like an adult.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships