Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 07:01 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There is no truth in these situations, there are perceptions on both sides. The OP can't even decide if the friend is worthy of friendship or not, depending on any given time. On minute the "friend" is a friend and the other times she is a thief.

If someone has screwed me in a business or I felt they would steal from my home, I guarantee I wouldn't "forget" it and become friends with her again.
Well, you don't have c-PTSD do you?

Plus, I had forgiven her and I like to think the best of people. I was mistaken to do so this time, but I wouldn't change anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 05:21 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post

Plus, I had forgiven her and I like to think the best of people. I was mistaken to do so this time, but I wouldn't change anything.
I have PTSD, but that doesn't change anything.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-19-2019, 09:28 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:

The question is what to do next.

You do realize it is unlikely this woman will let you go without a fight.

She is going to do whatever she can to draw you back into the relationship. This includes becoming angry, laying down a guilt or bad mouthing you in front of others.

When this happened to me I found it very weird.

I'd never had a person deliberately ignore my requests to be left alone.

I too am non confrontational by nature and mistakenly thought after I said no a few times the person would take the hint.

But they kept at it. Kept trying to draw me back in but I set boundaries and kept them. I also was careful about not badmouthing the other person in public.

In the end it was a good learning experience.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:14 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Is that the cause of your memory problems?

Old 12-19-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I have PTSD, but that doesn't change anything.
Find it hard to believe then that you would not understand disassociation - forgetting what someone did, it's a prime characteristic of PTSD.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Is that the cause of your memory problems?
It has something to do with sometimes "forgetting" what people have done or the full extent of it.

In my case, I didn't "forget" that she had screwed me - I forgave her. What I did "forget" was all of the other stuff I knew about her. I would say that's a feature of both PTSD reactions and idealism. I wanted to trust her. I have a hard time thinking people are evil.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:28 AM

She has a problem right now with a commercial neighbor that she is venting about on FB and is saying she has no-one to talk to about it. She has not tried to contact me so she seems to have understood that I have backed away.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:38 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,014,399 times
Quote:
She has a problem right now with a commercial neighbor that she is venting about on FB and is saying she has no-one to talk to about it. She has not tried to contact me so she seems to have understood that I have backed away.
She is venting on FB and posting she has no one to talk to about it.

Best get ready.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:50 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,707,756 times
Quote:
1. Do NOT feel sorry for her lack of people to talk with. You do not have to fill the void she created by her own behaviors. You cannot fix her by being her friend. If she has a legitimate beef with a commercial neighbor, she can consult a professional for advice.

2. She has not yet recontacted you, so be GLAD OF THAT and make sure that “not yet” becomes simply “not”—forever.

If you keep forgetting what bad things people do to you, then print big reminders to yourself and keep them visible all around your home. This person is just plain old bad news.

Old 12-19-2019, 11:00 AM

951 posts, read 1,141,323 times
If she was a decent person, she might take what you say to her and learn from it and even change her ways, but it sounds like she's an awful person that would never change, so let her be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships