Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 02:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I had days when I wish I was just ignored. LOL!!!
LOL! I hear you! If only life allowed us a remote so we could fast forward, rewind, and put everything on pause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 06:47 PM

25 posts, read 13,529 times
I am more suffocated by the bad energy that was put out. I wasn't stalking the teacher. I don't have gross habits. I do keep to myself but I'm also naturally outgoing and like to talk to people. This has been the only class I ever experienced where it was this negative and bad. All my other classes have been successful. I had teachers that were just "whatever" towards me and it didn't bother me.

It's the weird negative vibes that bothers me. I am the type of person that will go away if someone hates me that badly. I mean who wants to be around someone that projects so much negativity towards you? It's suffocating.

As for the ride situation, I can understand one being cautious and not wanting to take a ride from me, but to not even answer back is totally rude. Like to just look at me weird and go out in the hall way is rude. I had people offer me rides and if I didn't feel comfortable, I would say "No, thank you. I appreciate it though." I wouldn't just look at them weird and walk away. That's just rude! It made me feel weird for trying to help out because they were nervous and upset they couldn't find a ride. Sorry for being generous. Geez.

I think alot of people are missing the point of this post. It's the major negativity towards me and I don't know how to deal with it. I don't want to deal with that teacher ever again, but his schedule of classes mesh with my schedule come spring. That's why this is talked about! If I could take other classes with different teachers, then I would just write this off completely.

But, the fact that I may have to deal with him come spring again and having such negative vibes towards me is a major problem and a dilemma I am faced with. I can ignore it, I did anyways, but it affected me because it is something I can't handle. It drained me this whole semester, that one particular class. I am stuck and can't just go away. I could go with other classes but it would be an exhausting hectic schedule. So, his schedule is more convenient and makes more sense because I can get 4 classes out of the way and I don't have to keep moving my job schedule around.

I made alot of friends and I don't expect to make friends. It was just the major negativity in that classroom towards me that was alarming and off putting. Because I didn't know how to take it since I never experienced that? But the whole point of this post is that I need tips or advice on what to do with a teacher that hates me for a spring semester schedule that is very convenient for me, and makes sense? Like how I can deal with the negativity? I thought I would be rid of him and never look back, but that is not the case.

Also, emailing the teacher two times after to say i was sick and if he needed a doc's excuse is not stalking. Wow. That's called being a responsible student and just not missing class.

Old 12-17-2019, 10:00 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
At the end of the day...who cares? Really...who cares what others do, say, behave.

Go to school, do school stuff, leave. Repeat daily.

Not your problem nor business to sort others out.

Old 12-17-2019, 10:36 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfraredRoses View Post
I am more suffocated by the bad energy that was put out. I wasn't stalking the teacher. I don't have gross habits. I do keep to myself but I'm also naturally outgoing and like to talk to people. This has been the only class I ever experienced where it was this negative and bad. All my other classes have been successful. I had teachers that were just "whatever" towards me and it didn't bother me.

It's the weird negative vibes that bothers me. I am the type of person that will go away if someone hates me that badly. I mean who wants to be around someone that projects so much negativity towards you? It's suffocating.

As for the ride situation, I can understand one being cautious and not wanting to take a ride from me, but to not even answer back is totally rude. Like to just look at me weird and go out in the hall way is rude. I had people offer me rides and if I didn't feel comfortable, I would say "No, thank you. I appreciate it though." I wouldn't just look at them weird and walk away. That's just rude! It made me feel weird for trying to help out because they were nervous and upset they couldn't find a ride. Sorry for being generous. Geez.

I think alot of people are missing the point of this post. It's the major negativity towards me and I don't know how to deal with it. I don't want to deal with that teacher ever again, but his schedule of classes mesh with my schedule come spring. That's why this is talked about! If I could take other classes with different teachers, then I would just write this off completely.

But, the fact that I may have to deal with him come spring again and having such negative vibes towards me is a major problem and a dilemma I am faced with. I can ignore it, I did anyways, but it affected me because it is something I can't handle. It drained me this whole semester, that one particular class. I am stuck and can't just go away. I could go with other classes but it would be an exhausting hectic schedule. So, his schedule is more convenient and makes more sense because I can get 4 classes out of the way and I don't have to keep moving my job schedule around.

I made alot of friends and I don't expect to make friends. It was just the major negativity in that classroom towards me that was alarming and off putting. Because I didn't know how to take it since I never experienced that? But the whole point of this post is that I need tips or advice on what to do with a teacher that hates me for a spring semester schedule that is very convenient for me, and makes sense? Like how I can deal with the negativity? I thought I would be rid of him and never look back, but that is not the case.

Also, emailing the teacher two times after to say i was sick and if he needed a doc's excuse is not stalking. Wow. That's called being a responsible student and just not missing class.
I get it, OP; you feel like you're in Middle School all over again, with a hostile clique, and the teacher's the ringleader. Isn't the semester over already? It's almost Christmas. Or does your semester continue after the New Year? Just stick it out for what little time you have left.

RE: the bolded--you're not actually considering taking a class from him next semester, after the advice you got here, are you? Why would you do that??!! Switch up your schedule, choose different sections (scheduled times) of the classes you have to have, and work in your art electives around those. Or skip art for a semester, and get back into it next year.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:31 AM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:

At your age you should be able to understand instructions. Apparently everyone else in the class understood them and complied.

It sounds like you expect people to accept your offers for a ride. No thank you! I do not know you and I may have plans which you are not privy to.
Even at a CC there is established policy in place on how to deal with missed classes.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:38 AM

7,067 posts, read 4,510,340 times
I wouldn’t under any circumstances take a class with someone that treated me horribly no matter the reason. 15 years ago I got my first puppy that was a Maltese. I paid for a class to train her. The teacher only liked big dogs and wouldn’t help me at all. After a few sessions I quit going.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:52 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I wouldn’t under any circumstances take a class with someone that treated me horribly no matter the reason. 15 years ago I got my first puppy that was a Maltese. I paid for a class to train her. The teacher only liked big dogs and wouldn’t help me at all. After a few sessions I quit going.
This. I can't understand why the OP would even consider taking any more classes form her prof. Maybe she's holding out hope that one of us will come up with a magic bullet that will transform his behavior to at least make him tolerable, but that's not going to happen. Most people don't volunteer for the kind of stress and hostile treatment she's dealing with.

If he's the only one teaching a course on a certain topic she's interested in, she'll just have to do without, or ask the art department academic advisor if anyone else teaches that class. Sometimes faculty take turns teaching certain classes. Or some of the material might be covered in a condensed manner in a week or two of a different course.

Old 12-18-2019, 02:43 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,955,058 times
I have no idea what to advise the OP. I have never been anywhere where everyone there hated me. I have had teachers who openly disliked me and I just did my best to get a C, and did. In those situations survival and a passing grade is a win. In situations where I felt I was being dissed, in a couple of bands I was in, where I didn't have to be there, I quit. I changed my major in college because I didn't agree with the teachers' points of view on the subject matter, but it was their way or the highway, so I changed majors. In jobs, I toughed it out because I did have to be there. I've never felt suffocated by negativity. Seems like that is the OP's perception of things, but it's never happened to me. Seems like the OP needs to lower her expectations. She is just there for a grade and a diploma. 95% of what is taught is just BS. Most people in school or at work really don't care if you live or die. You really have to try hard to be hated. Just maybe the OP is a drama queen, and that turns some people off, while others appreciate it? Maybe the OP reads more into things than is there and then is resentful because of it?

Last edited by bobspez; 12-18-2019 at 03:05 PM..

Old 12-18-2019, 02:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:

You got advice - you just don't like the advice you received.

Do NOT take another class with that professor. It's amazing that you'd even consider it regardless of how convenient it is.

Old 12-18-2019, 04:56 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
In a worse case scenario this could be your supervisor and the unfriendly classmates your coworkers. Imagine spending 8 hours a day in this situation where you can not quit because you need the paycheck? What would you do?
Me, I’d cut my losses and get out ASAP. Take a pay cut or whatever.
If this scenario happens again I’d examine my own behaviors but if you think it’s just a weirdo one off event, I’d try to get through it with the least amount of pain.
No one has to like you or even be nice. You probably said or did something offensive. My learn from this would be to act less friendly and be more guarded in future classes. This bad rep may follow you around to another class and I’d try not to feed in to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships