Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 07:52 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,421,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I changed my mind. Don't respond and forget the guilt. It's getting to the point you're going to have to get out of this friendship if you've started to feel the tug for n supply and feel guilt if you don't give it.
Yeah, I am starting to back off quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 08:50 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,691,252 times
You have a personal responsibility to define your relationships. It's not good to let someone else do it. Are you really comfortable being his *** hag? From what you have written, I don't get the sense that you are.

It's horrifying that he has had sex with 600 men. He must be carrying every STD known to medicine.

Old 12-29-2019, 08:58 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,584,588 times
It seems like he wants you to text him a lot more. Some people like to hear from others in frequent texts or at least MORE texts - and some people like emails and frequent emails.
Not just every two weeks or every other week.

Old 12-29-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
You have a personal responsibility to define your relationships. It's not good to let someone else do it. Are you really comfortable being his *** hag? From what you have written, I don't get the sense that you are.

It's horrifying that he has had sex with 600 men. He must be carrying every STD known to medicine.
Well I can't be a *** hag, because I am gay guy myself.

But yeah, because of his looks, when a friend of mine meets him for the first time they always ask me if I am dating him or if I am interested in him because he is so beautiful. The funny thing is as beautiful as his face and body are, the simple fact that he has slept with so many guys, alone, makes me 0% attracted to him. We have been drunk around each other where one of us had to sleep over the other's house, and I have never had any desire to do anything with him in those moments. I don't think I could even get hard for him TBH.

He also revealed to me that he has never used a condom, which made me throw up a little bit in my mouth. He wields his capability of having sex with whomever he wants as a true power.

Old 12-29-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
It seems like he wants you to text him a lot more. Some people like to hear from others in frequent texts or at least MORE texts - and some people like emails and frequent emails.
Not just every two weeks or every other week.
Well then I guess that's his problem. I am not his boyfriend or father so I am going to text him as necessary.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:20 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
No, I wouldn't be. That stuff doesn't work on me, if anything I don't like it because it puts pressure for one to respond. He's actually a friend I have had to put some distance with lately. He lost his job six months ago (something that he really used to build his identity) and it feels like his narcissism has taken over since then. One his other best friends stopped being friends with him because of this, and one of his other best friends they had a falling out and didn't speak for a couple of months and just rekindled their friendship a month ago.

When he lost his job, it seems like it pushed him to become more about "me, me, me". The thing is when we hang out 90% of the time he's fun to be around. But that 10% of the time he can be quite unbearable.
Why do you think all these details are important to us?

The issue is you, not him. Remember?

Old 12-29-2019, 10:23 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post

...... How would you all handle this?

I'd just ignore it and not reply with another "I miss you too!"

I don't think he's being narcissistic or needy when he says that. I think he's just fallen into a habit of saying "I miss you" as a salutation not only to you but to everybody that he texts , it's just become his way of ending his texts to the people he cares about.

He may not realize that it might seem inappropriate to some people or that some people (like you) might take it the wrong way and think he's being needy. Just ignore it and don't respond in kind. It's not a big deal to be making any kind of issue out of it unless he is in love with you. Otherwise, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill about it.

Old 12-30-2019, 03:39 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,460,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'd just ignore it and not reply with another "I miss you too!"

I don't think he's being narcissistic or needy when he says that. I think he's just fallen into a habit of saying "I miss you" as a salutation not only to you but to everybody that he texts , it's just become his way of ending his texts to the people he cares about.

He may not realize that it might seem inappropriate to some people or that some people (like you) might take it the wrong way and think he's being needy. Just ignore it and don't respond in kind. It's not a big deal to be making any kind of issue out of it unless he is in love with you. Otherwise, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill about it.

That is such a decent way to conduct oneself. I like your post

Old 12-30-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Giving people some context to his behavior and the way he is. People are asking questions, so I am giving them the context in my answers.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:00 AM

6,460 posts, read 3,983,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Because OP was accused of being attracted to him, and is explaining that he's not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships