Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 05:29 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnBBQ View Post
If I were you, I would stay out of the mess. As the Step-mother, whatever you do will eventually come back to bite you. Either your husband will be angry because you got in the middle of "his" family problems, or SD and BM will begin to use you as a pawn in their games. I would reply to the text from BM that they need to work out their issue with John, and that you will no longer be accepting their texts or calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I don't know. To me, it's just simply saying "If you want this stuff, you know where it is. Come and get it." Why pay postage for SD's dramatic exit? I wouldn't.

Although, I think OP should continue to ignore BM, as she has been doing. And let dad/husband handle it any way he sees fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Yep!!! You want to remain above this garbage not roll around in it, right?
I agree with the above posts.

Seems we have two sides, you should have made a poll. In my younger days I was told I was a pushover and I was. I had to learn not to get sucked into games, run over, or used. However, I do think you are rolling around in the trash in this relationship based on your responses. It seems as if you are fully sucked into the game. You need to detach a little.

There's no reason to be in communication with the BM. If you can't ignore her messages or control your emotions when seeing her messages, then just block her or ask her politely to contact DH. If BM and SD are emotionally unstable, then you should be the rock. Do not reflect their emotions, let them simply bounce off you to the ground.

I would text SD that you saved TB, HP, BMD, GCJ, and MU. Let her know that you will hold onto TB, HP, BMD, GCJ, and MU until she can come and get them. And that's it.

Here's an example of post text requests.

BM or SD texts:
"Can you please send the stuff?" or
"You are mean, send me the stuff" or
"Stop stealing my stuff, give it back" or
"I know are wearing my BMD, stop it and send it back" or even
"Without my emotional support TB, I can't function and you are to blame."

Your texts:
" " (silence) or
" " (continuing on with your life) or even
" " (maybe taking a yoga or meditation class)

I wouldn't get sucked into throwing a fit, but then sending her stuff anyway. This TB thing will help set the tone of your relationship moving forward. Do not let her throw a fit, storm out, and then demand that you send her things to her. This will not be the end of it, SD will be in your life for a long time, don't set the tone that you will be a pushover. You do need to take a chill pill though, because some people love seeing others riled up.

Last edited by TXRunner; 01-13-2020 at 05:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 05:51 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,163,579 times
Quote:
If I were you, I would stay out of the mess.

As the Step-mother, whatever you do will eventually come back to bite you. Either your husband will be angry because you got in the middle of "his" family problems, or SD and BM will begin to use you as a pawn in their games.

I would reply to the text from BM that they need to work out their issue with John, and that you will no longer be accepting their texts or calls.
I agree.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:06 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,971,317 times
Quote:
If I were you, I would stay out of the mess. As the Step-mother, whatever you do will eventually come back to bite you. Either your husband will be angry because you got in the middle of "his" family problems, or SD and BM will begin to use you as a pawn in their games. I would reply to the text from BM that they need to work out their issue with John, and that you will no longer be accepting their texts or calls.
Yep. That's it.

The OP shouldn't have to deal with it other than redirecting the drama to the appropriate department.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:27 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
I'd send BOTH of them an email that says:

"We had to pay $100 cancellation fee for the plane ticket you didn't use and we got no refund on the plane ticket. So if you want your stuff that you left behind you'll have to send us the money for the mailing costs, plus extra money to compensate for our time and effort and trouble that you've put us through. We think $100 should do the trick and after we receive your payment we'll send the stuff to you."

Old 01-13-2020, 06:30 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Sweet jeebus ... people love perpetuating drama.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:48 PM

23,311 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Yep. That's it.

The OP shouldn't have to deal with it other than redirecting the drama to the appropriate department.
Don't know which term I like better: "spousal unit" or "department"!

Old 01-13-2020, 07:45 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,628 times
What is SD
I’m confused

Old 01-13-2020, 08:50 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,876,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
What is SD
I’m confused
Stepdaughter (age 22years).

Old 01-14-2020, 07:11 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I think meeting is just a bad idea. Postage will probably be less than $10. It's money well spent to be done with it.

This is the only possible answer. Throw them in a mailer envelope and mail it cheapest way. Put everybody on ignore on your cell phone. It's not your drama.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:15 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
This is the only possible answer. Throw them in a mailer envelope and mail it cheapest way. Put everybody on ignore on your cell phone. It's not your drama.
Exactly ... any form of "they should come to us" is just looking for more conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships