Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 03:57 PM

14,495 posts, read 12,134,812 times

Advertisements

Why is this a question?

This isn't some casual acquaintance you're going to be able to rid yourself of. This is your hubby's daughter. Neither you, nor he, is going to be able to solve or end the drama with this girl or her mother. They will be in and out of your life for as long as you and your hubby are married.

Of course you should send the girl's things to her. Of course the daughter and the mother need to have your phone number.

And this will probably not be the last challenge. She's young yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 04:02 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,034,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No, I agree with you.

I'm a little stunned that everyone is writing off this girl because she had a tantrum, doesn't shave her legs, dyes her hair, and hasn't found a career path. That's sad.

22 year-old girls often grow up and lead decent lives, you know.

I'm not writing her off. But she did pitch a fit in the middle of the night, and create a good deal of drama, just before going on vacation.

I would not be inclined to reward the behavior by mailing her teddy bear or the dress. I'm denying her nothing.

Over the summer, our grandson lived with us. He's back with his dad now, but his bike and a few of his other possessions are at our house. He knows where they are.

Old 01-14-2020, 04:10 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I'm not writing her off. But she did pitch a fit in the middle of the night, and create a good deal of drama, just before going on vacation.

I would not be inclined to reward the behavior by mailing her teddy bear or the dress. I'm denying her nothing.
I was referring more to the posters who are urging the OP to block numbers and "sever the relationship" forever.

Old 01-14-2020, 05:38 PM

860 posts, read 1,338,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
By not mailing the stuff, you're simply prolonging the drama. Mail it and be done with her.
Agreed! The husband not sending it is just his way of assuaging his hurt feelings. Understandable, but he needs to be the bigger more mature person.

Old 01-15-2020, 04:33 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,391,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapper71 View Post
I understand that and I would probably want my cherished whatever back as well,..
Just curious to why you are not sending it back. To punish for her bad behavior? Revenge? Because she hasn't requested it?

Send it back and be done with that issue. Close the door and move on...

Old 01-15-2020, 06:44 AM

2,277 posts, read 1,673,336 times
Your husband said he would send the stuff back after your vacation. The point is he should follow through on his word, not whether she deserves special treatment or not.

I would never respond to BM by phone or text. She should not be contacting you at all.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:08 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,684,449 times
OP, based on the prior posts, you have a choice of what to do. Neither approach is wrong.

It is not wrong to send her Zoisite's post of words. Maybe in addition the to the $100, you can add the cost of the postage.

It is also not wrong to send the bear and expecting no payment back in return. This is also in an attempt to pause the drama, but with the understanding that this might not work.

Ultimately, you do one of these two things or you continue to deal with this drama without having even tried either!
Good luck in whatever you choose, and let us know how it goes if you do at least one of those two things!

Old 01-15-2020, 08:53 AM

125 posts, read 53,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Just curious to why you are not sending it back. To punish for her bad behavior? Revenge? Because she hasn't requested it?

Send it back and be done with that issue. Close the door and move on...
Well I'M not sending it back because it's not MY problem. She is H's kid and he can deal with it and she left because he upset her. It's not up to me to make anything right. Plus, if she wants it back so badly, why isn't SHE the one texting H, or even me, for that matter? Why is her mother doing all of it?? Maybe if she had the balls to ask H for it he might actually send it to her as it would open a line of communication, but SD is simply shirking it off on BM since she doesn't want to do it. Just like everything SD doesn't want to do and BM does for her.

Old 01-15-2020, 09:56 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
That's quite an emotional response. You seem to have very strong negative feelings about your husband's child. Do you think you will ever be able to form a bond with her? She will be part of your life forever, and there will likely be grandchildren one day.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:15 AM

125 posts, read 53,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
That's quite an emotional response. You seem to have very strong negative feelings about your husband's child. Do you think you will ever be able to form a bond with her? She will be part of your life forever, and there will likely be grandchildren one day.
Nope! I've never enjoyed her and she's barely been a part of H's life since I've know him. She came over maybe 5-6 weekends a year before she turned 18 (and that's being generous). Now she is on a wrong way track to nowheresville and we have never had anything in common. She lies, she talks about things she knows nothing about and can't stand it when you correct her because she doesn't have the info about something she swears she's knowledgeable on. Now H seems to be fine not having her in his life because all she does is create drama. And, according to her, she will never have kids so no grandkids to worry about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships