Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 05:29 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I have know him for 15 years now. A very nice person and he is on my team. He is celebrating 25 years in the company. He also reports to me.
I have invited the entire team for lunch that day in the nearby restaurant (I will be paying, not the company). Besides that, I may bake a cake (not sure yet).
I will circulate a card around for people to sign. is that plenty or should I be doing more?

what do you people normally do to celebrate milestone work-anniversaries?
I think what you are doing is enough.

Anything else and it is up to the company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 05:37 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
Considering this is you doing this and not the company, I think what you're doing is more than enough.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:42 PM

948 posts, read 568,077 times
Roast him! Have all your coworkers do a bit on him

Old 02-05-2020, 07:53 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Give him his pink slip?

Or maybe a defibrillator...

Old 02-06-2020, 02:53 AM

1,159 posts, read 620,805 times
Quote:
I have know him for 15 years now. A very nice person and he is on my team. He is celebrating 25 years in the company. He also reports to me.
I have invited the entire team for lunch that day in the nearby restaurant (I will be paying, not the company). Besides that, I may bake a cake (not sure yet).
I will circulate a card around for people to sign. is that plenty or should I be doing more?

what do you people normally do to celebrate milestone work-anniversaries?
That's more than enough! That's more than most people would do honestly. Go you! But why are you doing do much?

Old 02-06-2020, 05:36 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,575,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
That is a very generous gesture. Have you discussed it with management?
yes, I invited my VP to the lunch. I havent discussed it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post

Storebought/catered treats. And yes, you should have the company pay for it, not you personally.
I am not sure Birdie, with so many lay offs happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post

While I don't complain about any gift, IMO, awarding points to shop in your company's online boutique is kinda meh. It would be better if they weren't limited on what they could spend that money on. What's available for purchase in the boutique?
lots of nice things including watches, Apple products, jersey's, bags, gift cards (including the visa/ mastercard) etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
But why are you doing do much?
because if I dont, there is no one else who would make an attempt to make it special for him. And he reports to me...so.

Old 02-06-2020, 07:33 AM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Manila - I was thinking more along the of is it a company function and mishaps of any kind will be handled by the company or are you as supervisor requesting attendance on employees time?

Old 02-06-2020, 08:25 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,575,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Manila - I was thinking more along the of is it a company function and mishaps of any kind will be handled by the company or are you as supervisor requesting attendance on employees time?
Me as a supervisor requesting Threestep. Its a lunch plan, no alcohol.

Old 02-06-2020, 09:54 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:

I am not sure Birdie, with so many lay offs happening.

because if I dont, there is no one else who would make an attempt to make it special for him. And he reports to me...so.
You know your company situation better than we do. It's very nice that you are making this special acknowledgement of his service.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:25 AM

24,590 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Me as a supervisor requesting Threestep. Its a lunch plan, no alcohol.

I would get written approval by sr. management to cover yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships