Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 02:42 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Actually he just sounds like a typical superficial guy who is into bad music and silly movies. It’s very common. Not a crime. Punk music and Sharknado though? There’s no excuse for that.

Eh. I'm in to silly movies too. I can't hold that against him.

Punk isn't my thing, but I know a few people who really like it. If it puts someone in a good mood, more power to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I like Sharknado.

Arrest me. Sue me.

I also like The Room. Troll 2, and most recently, The Fanatic starring John Travolta. Sometimes, I want to laugh at what they come up with.

On the same token, I like movies like:

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Apocalypse Now
Blade Runner
Mad Max movies
Rocky movies
Creed movies

Oh hi Mark! ;-)

Old 02-11-2020, 03:01 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Oh hi Mark! ;-)
I kind of want a weird framed picture of a spoon on the wall as a reference to that.

My 20 year old son became so obsessed with this movie that he insisted that every one of his friends had to watch it. So it was on in the living room...several times. It's just really weird to me, that I haven't been able to get him to watch The Disaster Artist, yet.

Anyone who likes The Room, should really see The Disaster Artist.

Old 02-11-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I kind of want a weird framed picture of a spoon on the wall as a reference to that.

My 20 year old son became so obsessed with this movie that he insisted that every one of his friends had to watch it. So it was on in the living room...several times. It's just really weird to me, that I haven't been able to get him to watch The Disaster Artist, yet.

I know about the movie from my son too. We have laughed and giggled over many many bits. LOL

Old 02-11-2020, 05:23 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,681,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygirl15 View Post
Some people are bubbly and happy all the time. It's part of your nature. Embrace it. You are much better off than the people that take things too seriously. And yes, most people are depressed and unhappy. Welcome to the world we live in.
None of what the OP has talked about suggests that his friends are depressed or unhappy. Instead it seems like he mentions things that are inappropriate for the situation and does not know his audience. People can be light and have fun even if they have a career or are no longer in the partying phase. I am not a particularly serious person myself, but I have never been a partner. I would still find the OP’s comment to his friend about his girlfriend to be wildly inappropriate.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:54 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,680,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
You could say I'm childlike. But I find a lot of people these days are arrogant/serious, and I never grew out of my early 2000's optimism.

I always have a joke to make and try to see the glass half full. Am I an endangered species?
Your post mixes unrelated things together. When I read your title, I thought you'd be posting about people who are very concerned with current events and are less interested in trivial things.

But you seem to be mixing up seriousness and arrogance and pessimism and a lack of a sense of humor. Those are unrelated, and they can exist in any combination. Maybe it's the "childlike" aspect of you that lacks clarity.

Old 02-12-2020, 04:28 AM

867 posts, read 1,588,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
None of what the OP has talked about suggests that his friends are depressed or unhappy. Instead it seems like he mentions things that are inappropriate for the situation and does not know his audience. People can be light and have fun even if they have a career or are no longer in the partying phase. I am not a particularly serious person myself, but I have never been a partner. I would still find the OP’s comment to his friend about his girlfriend to be wildly inappropriate.
oops, I didn't read the OP other posts. You are right. I agree with everything you wrote. I wonder if his post is some sort of joke?

Old 02-12-2020, 03:49 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Ha ha ha!!!

What a story (Mark).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships