Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 06:19 PM

2,975 posts, read 1,644,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
ALL OF THIS.

Amen.
All of that is inaccurate.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:29 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,455,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
Nothing in this statement is accurate.

Went back to the wedding? Setting the background of this couple's history.

Also took the narrative back to their college year before the wedding.

No stewing no favoritism.

I just can't take care of a toddler for his own safety.

I was playing with them the other day. We had fun but I lasted all of 30 minutes before I was exhausted.

All of my friends my age are the same way with their toddler grandchildren, nieces, nephews.

I've said the kids can stay as long and as often as they like AS LONG AS A PARENT IS AROUND. Why is this hard to understand?

It is our duty as family members to make sure the youngest are safe.

Parents are human beings like everyone else. They can and should be judged on their behavior like everyone else.

No reason to be defensive. Im only responding to what you yourself said. You did not get tired when child one was a toddler? Child one needed a parent around while you babysat?

You clearly can't see how your very long explanation comes across. Don't know if you have children of your own but if you did or do you get to choose how you want to raise them. Other people do not. So respect that these parents have the right to raise their kids however they want. Nothing seems to rise to abuse so mind your own business.

Can't you understand that any parent who hesrs "i like both my nieces/nephews but can only make time to see one...the other us a huge hassle for me" is not going to love that? And if other kid is constantly whining about normal discipline and asking to live with the nice auntie who lets them get away with everything...also not winning you any points. I'd be putting my foot down too.

Last edited by emotiioo; 05-26-2020 at 06:41 PM..

Old 05-26-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
All of that is inaccurate.
The definition of inaccurate is not "whatever doesn't reinforce my own ideas. "

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-26-2020 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: mild attack

Old 05-26-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
No reason to be defensive. Im only responding to what you yourself said. You did not get tired when child one was a toddler? Child one needed a parent around while you babysat?
Yes, I barely made it then and that was quite a few years ago.

I'm not being defensive, I'm explaining the situation.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:56 PM

I'm with mom here. If you are too exhausted and sickly to see one child you really shouldn't be caring for either unsupervised. Especially as you cause issues with what sounds like an older kid who has struggles with behavioral issues. You would be a "see you at the holidays for a few hours " relative until either your energy level and respect for family rules improved or my kids were given equal billing and affection in your world.

Its hard enough to parent without someone openly undermining it.

Old 05-26-2020, 07:40 PM

i'm not exhausted and sickly.

I'm old.

Why is that so hard to understand/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships