Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 06:27 PM

654 posts, read 364,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I wouldn't. I would just wait until he does contact you and then ask him not to. That's what I did when the person contacted me again. I think it is always best to take the calm mature route. Besides, he may get a perverse thrill in the power to rise your ire so don't give him more fuel. Have you considered taking him to small claims and getting at least 5,000 of the deficit?

Thanks. That's good advice.

No, I won't take him to court. I would, however, file a "church lawsuit" which you can do by filing a complaint with his church's governing body, and the church's internal court would handle it. The amount that he's screwing me over about is tens of thousands of dollars unpaid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 06:27 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
On a general note of topic.
My aunt abruptly called me and said : 'Never again' Then the phone went dead.
I mssgd her. The response basically came down to her deciding that I was untrustworthy . I was miffed as I was dealing with her brother's funeral and house clearing. She wanted someone to blame for his death...and I got the short straw. It's been 7 weeks since I last heard from her. Despite my deep desire to have compassion for this loss. Ultimately I decided she is beyond rational thinking and certainly has zero empathy for anything beyond her nose. To be so unkindly accused of such an action leaves me no reason to ever reach out to her. She deserves every lonely moment that will come her way. So in our own ways, we both agree. Never again. For different reasons.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post

No, I won't take him to court. I would, however, file a "church lawsuit" which you can do by filing a complaint with his church's governing body, and the church's internal court would handle it. The amount that he's screwing me over about is tens of thousands of dollars unpaid.
I thought you posted in your other thread that you'd involved a lawyer. And now you're saying you won't take him to court?

You're NEVER getting a dime from this guy.

I guess you'll be posting about it here for the next 50 years.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:47 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,021,322 times
I don't understand anything about this any more.

You guys are really lawyers? WTF is a church lawsuit...some Mormon thing?

Old 05-22-2020, 06:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:

No, I won't take him to court. I would, however, file a "church lawsuit" which you can do by filing a complaint with his church's governing body, and the church's internal court would handle it.
Please stop.

Have your attorney handle the legal pursuit, and live with it.

DO not pursue anything petty like copying his family members or church members.

You made a mistake, and someone took advantage of you. Seek out a therapist to deal with your resentment and obsessive thinking, and work hard to put it behind you.

Old 05-22-2020, 06:58 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,574,870 times
Quote:

I see.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I thought you posted in your other thread that you'd involved a lawyer. And now you're saying you won't take him to court?

You're NEVER getting a dime from this guy.

I guess you'll be posting about it here for the next 50 years.
The lawyer who I got involved is a mediator. I’m not filing a lawsuit in court and I will not.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
I don't understand anything about this any more.

You guys are really lawyers? WTF is a church lawsuit...some Mormon thing?
KemBro, I think that you’ve insulted me enough. If you don’t understand church disciplinary bodies, then you should figure out how they work.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
The lawyer who I got involved is a mediator. I’m not filing a lawsuit in court and I will not.
Then don't expect to see any of it paid back.

You think you have problems with him not paying your expenses and you being out tens of thousands? You're out hundreds of thousands and that's not going to change.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:11 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,799,167 times
Quote:

Wow. So on top of the ongoing civil mediation over the debt (that most would completely back you up on), you want his church to condemn him too? It isn't even YOUR church! Why would anything they do matter? This carries the stink of some sort of socio-spiritual revenge. Do you expect him to be ostracized by that community? Humiliated? What started off as understandable anger, then lawyer-to-lawyer spite, is heading toward strange. The money is no longer the point. You want to hurt him in every way you can. Ironic if religion is this important to you. Your scorched-earth fury over this is unhealthy. Part of it is anger at yourself for making the loans in the first place. Deal with that before you ruin two lives instead of one. Nobody can heal what stings you so much but you. Not the debtor, not the court, not the church, you.

As for telling someone you never want to see them again, that's unnecessary and juvenile. A million ways to sever ties, but most don't give you the satisfaction of a self-indulgent rant and to make him pay forever. Admit it. THAT'S what you really want.

Last edited by Parnassia; 05-22-2020 at 07:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships