Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 08:31 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogacatt View Post
I found a solution! I purchased a Keurig single maker coffee maker and put it in my office, ha!
Nice! Now you'll have a fresh cup EVERY TIME, any flavor you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 09:49 AM

1,918 posts, read 903,365 times
Damn, I guess I'm lucky.

I've been at my office 10 years and nobody has ever complained about stolen food. We had a coffeemaker in the early years but only a few of us drank it and we would only drink it in the morning, so when the first 12 cup pot was gone, someone would just wash it and set up the coffeemaker in the morning.

We have a big kitchen with full-size fridge and everybody keeps stuff there in the freezer for breakfast, or sandwich fixins in the crispers.

Old 01-11-2024, 02:20 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,825,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceKaia View Post
In every office there are people who...

Steal others lunches
Don't clean up after themselves/the microwave/empty coffee grounds
Leave their dirty crap in the sink

cameras should be installed and offenders dealt with IMMEDIATELY, this isn't living at home with the parents who will wipe your runny nose & cook your dinner, make your bed etc...

I had someone steal my lunch when I started a new job. I couldn't afford to buy my lunch so I starved that day. Found out who it was and slashed 3 of their tires. (I was young and a bit vindictive)
Jeez Louise. What do you when when you get REALLY mad?

Old 01-17-2024, 03:38 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
There are two buildings where I work. I’ve worked in both. When I worked in the same building as one of the top dogs, he had put his take-out in the fridge and someone took it!!! I remember how he walked up and down the rows of desks looking for evidence. LOL. I never heard if the culprit was caught.

I don’t keep food in the fridge at work. I don’t want anyone “moving” my containers to make room because I don’t want my stuff handled by someone else. I know that sounds over-the-top, but the ladies room is a 3-seater so I see how women “wash” their hands. The woman at the desk next to me has really long fake nails that I can tell you can’t possibly be clean underneath (but I think that about ALL long nails eeeewwww). And then there are the guys . . .

I keep a very few things in my desk in the drawer that locks. If I got fed up and walked out, everything I’d want to take with me is in the bag I carry everyday. What is in the drawer, I would leave. There are days when a quick escape is not out of the question. LOL

Old 01-17-2024, 04:29 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
OK this wasn't a workplace but a college dorm fridge. Our floor had an unknown food thief. I had food stolen and resented it, so planned revenge. The next time I had to dissect a wild critter in class I brought the remains "home" and closed them up well in a food container (couldn't see the contents from the outside). The critter still had a face, fur and a tail. Don't worry you squeamish ones...the critter had spent years preserved in a lab freezer so pretty benign. It only spent one night there. Sure enough, the thief snooped and opened my container. Their surprised scream brought others running and the thief was caught red-handed! The thievery stopped.

Old 01-17-2024, 05:38 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Gotta love it. ^^^

Old 01-17-2024, 06:27 PM

3,145 posts, read 1,602,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
OK this wasn't a workplace but a college dorm fridge. Our floor had an unknown food thief. I had food stolen and resented it, so planned revenge. The next time I had to dissect a wild critter in class I brought the remains "home" and closed them up well in a food container (couldn't see the contents from the outside). The critter still had a face, fur and a tail. Don't worry you squeamish ones...the critter had spent years preserved in a lab freezer so pretty benign. It only spent one night there. Sure enough, the thief snooped and opened my container. Their surprised scream brought others running and the thief was caught red-handed! The thievery stopped.
Good mousetrap!

Old 01-17-2024, 09:35 PM

12,847 posts, read 9,060,155 times
One base I was stationed at, the biggest desk thieves were the SPs. They had access to all the offices at night when no one was around. Everything from snacks to desktop computers.

Old 01-18-2024, 11:26 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
It might be laziness, but I think it is more about having the power to make other people wait on you. The power to make them wash the dishes for you. If they could they would love to sit at their desk and make a co-worker actually get up and fetch their coffee for them.

I dealt with it by not drinking the coffee, so it was not my problem. I dealt with the lunch bag bandit by bringing my lunch that didn't need refrigeration and leaving it my locker. I couldn't fix the problem, so I opted out and let the others worry and be irritated by it.

Slightly off topic but I was the only woman in an office with 28 men and the supervisor tried to get me to be the coffee maker. I told him I didn't know how because I don't drink coffee. He showed me how to make coffee and I made two pots very badly before he gave up and let the men make their own coffee. It was one of those huge coffee urns, so a full pot of undrinkable coffee was a whole bunch of undrinkable coffee.

Old 01-18-2024, 11:34 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Coming back to add, one of the hard workers went out and made arrangements to get a soda machine and arranged delivery of cases of soda and set the machine to dispense a can of soda for the cost of the soda. That turned out to be more popular than the coffee maker. Extra work for that guy, which I greatly appreciated, and I used the machine so happily took my turn at loading it.

We were getting our soda for half the cost of buying one at the store and it was right there and really good and cold. It was very popular.

The cases of soda just set out int the open, but they were warm, so even the Lunch Bag Bandit didn't steal soda because he wanted his soda cold and it was just a quarter for a can. That didn't slow him down from stealing lunches, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships