Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:20 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,037,563 times

Advertisements

Im curious ( as I usually am).

What gender are women most likely to be friends with? Do you have more male or female friends?

Why do you think you have more friends in one gender than another?

I ask this because Ive always been more likely to accept a male friend into my "inner circle" than female. I have absolutely no close female friends, and Im wondering if Im alone in this?

I often see a bunch of girls about my age who seem very close, laughing and giggling...and sometimes wonder if this is the way that I should be too.

And..not that this will change anything...is it bad that I dont like being in close proximity (sp?) to most females for more than 30 minutes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 09:31 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,268,573 times
Most of my friends are women and we have a wonderful time together. But we do not have the stereotypical female friendships. Some of us sit on a few boards together so we work on projects and hang out together....does that make any sense at all? We really don't get the chance to go out shopping since we all have children and other obligations that make it hard, but we are still very close.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:32 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,739,660 times
I have several best friends; one is a gay guy, two are straight women, and I would have to say my SO is one of my best friends. So...

Old 09-19-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Most of my friends are women and we have a wonderful time together. But we do not have the stereotypical female friendships. Some of us sit on a few boards together so we work on projects and hang out together....does that make any sense at all? We really don't get the chance to go out shopping since we all have children and other obligations that make it hard, but we are still very close.

That sounds like it would be nice to experience. I've never done anything like that.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:40 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,268,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
That sounds like it would be nice to experience. I've never done anything like that.
It is nice...I am not one to go get my nails done, shop, go to the hairdresser, etc. so it is noce having a tight knit group that likes doing other things too! We love going out to good restaurants and having a few drinks, but that is about as crazy as we get.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:42 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,671,443 times
Majority are female. Most males are gay.

It's hard to be friends with straight guys-- most have a very hard time managing themselves. A smile is not an invite to become more personal than friendship already is, damnit.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 PM

726 posts, read 2,270,621 times
I have more female friends, than guy friends. But its getting a bit even now.

In Junior high I had a lot of male friends. I never really hung around girls much.
That was because some of my so-called "best-friends" couldnt keep their mouths shut. I started hanging out with guys, cause they didnt gossip as much as the girls did.

But I would say most of my closest friends now are female.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Majority are female. Most males are gay.

It's hard to be friends with straight guys-- most have a very hard time managing themselves. A smile is not an invite to become more personal than friendship already is, damnit.
Well...can only speak for myself, but Im quite a bit of a tomboy...most guys dont know I like them until I make the 1st move.

Perhaps the more feminine ladies have this problem more often?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:14 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,671,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Well...can only speak for myself, but Im quite a bit of a tomboy...most guys dont know I like them until I make the 1st move.

Perhaps the more feminine ladies have this problem more often?
Maybe that's the difference. I'm not a tomboy. I'm a very well put together woman Skirts and heels every day for me.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:09 AM

52,325 posts, read 52,791,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Maybe that's the difference. I'm not a tomboy. I'm a very well put together woman Skirts and heels every day for me.
No self esteem issues apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships