U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 AM

59,919 posts, read 78,412,137 times

Advertisements

broke down old men and women, why did god give me this agility health and physical abilities.
kaiser says i am 15 years younger than the birth certificate. whats up with that. why?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 AM

9,410 posts, read 18,677,779 times
I've kept in touch with several friends since childhood, and have recently reunited with several whom I have not seen for well over ten years. It was great seeing them again and sharing stories of our teen years. I still feel closer to them than I do my more recent friendships in the past five years.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 AM

25,708 posts, read 25,033,463 times
Ive seen some of my old high school friends at reunions. Some look pretty doggone good and some look like theyve taken a slump in life.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:10 AM

12,582 posts, read 14,548,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
I am a woman of 35 as are my old high school friends (age 35) I googled one and she looked like Pam Anderson, Too tan, dry/wrinkly and fake boobs, some might find that attractive , but I though it was kind of gross and trailer park. I guess Im being catty b/c Id think men would prefer that to a little chubby which Ive become .
Most of the people I went to school with have ballooned like crazy. Almost unrecognizable. Crazy!!

Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 AM

546 posts, read 1,539,550 times
Not quite over 30, but I am still very close with 3 of my best friends from high school. I consider them an extension of my own family and vice versa.

I tend to think those friendships you have that are very special can last time and distance. Many times throughout life my friends and I have gone through long spells of not picking up the phone or emailing due to a busy life or whatever it may be, but being able to literally pick right up where we left off the moment we get in touch as if there was no time in between.

people grow and change, and some chemistry's that rocked in high school fizzle out. But you know you've got a true friend if you can last over the transition from kid to adult and then some

Old 04-02-2009, 12:13 PM

838 posts, read 1,696,396 times
I'm way over 30; my best friend is the first guy I met when we moved to Fla. 41 years ago. His wife (who I dated before he did) has been a good friend for 38 years. They're part of a group of friends who get together once a month, numbers anywhere from 6 to 12; we've all known each other since Jr High.

One of the old group moved after our 10th grade year; didn't see her for 36 years. When she moved back, she and I picked up right where we left.

All of the above were also part of a marvelous Meth. youth group in the late '60's/early '70's. We have a growing group on facebook who were all invovled in the youth group. We're having a blast reconnecting.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:38 PM

57,213 posts, read 45,324,916 times
I've recently reconnected with a number of HS friends via facebook.
Some of my college friends and I are still close but just haven't seen so much of each other due to time and distance.
Ironically, just got a facebook request from an old friend I thought had died or was in prison. I'm going to check out his profile and see what's up...hopefully he has gotten it together. (At least he isn't dead.)

Old 04-02-2009, 01:23 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,674,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerclassof72 View Post
I'm way over 30; my best friend is the first guy I met when we moved to Fla. 41 years ago. His wife (who I dated before he did) has been a good friend for 38 years. They're part of a group of friends who get together once a month, numbers anywhere from 6 to 12; we've all known each other since Jr High.

One of the old group moved after our 10th grade year; didn't see her for 36 years. When she moved back, she and I picked up right where we left.

All of the above were also part of a marvelous Meth. youth group in the late '60's/early '70's. We have a growing group on facebook who were all invovled in the youth group. We're having a blast reconnecting.
you mean methodist right?

and congrats on maintaining those ties.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM

19,116 posts, read 27,794,578 times
I met my best friend when I was 12, I'm now 25 and we still carpool to work 2 days a week

I kind of have ties with some people I went to high school with, but most of them just aren't the type of people I want to associate with... drug dealers, meth heads, slackers, girls that already have 5 kids by 5 different dads etc etc.

One of my old acquantinces became a pilot and we worked on his plane not too long ago, so that was pretty cool Other than that I dont' really associate with anyone from my high school.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:14 PM

8,178 posts, read 17,059,801 times
I moved alot during childhood so really only kept in touch with a couple people from each town. I was pretty much one of the faceless people at the school. I wasn't ignored or shunned...just ordinary.
I was also the preacher's daughter so that didn't help either.

I joined classmates and facebook a few years back and was shocked at the amount of people that wanted to re-connect with me.

I contacted the people I actually remembered and still maintain the "friendships". I've met up with them from time to time and was surprised at the fact that someone as YOUNG as I am, went to school with such old people! Imagine that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships