Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times

Advertisements

I know of someone that did this.

This gal had her first baby and before she even got out of the hospital her mother already uploaded a picture of the baby on a popular social website.

Now with me I would be ticked off!!!

People say once you put something on the internet you can't take it off. (like a picture)

How do you feel about this???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 11:01 AM

76 posts, read 190,446 times
I'm always weary of my friends posting pics/vids on facebook so I keep an eye out after a social event and ask them to remove any I wouldn't want others to see.

My friend Kevin posted a video of a drunk me during a trip to Vegas dancing in Canadian Maple Leaf underwear in our condo. It was up on Facebook for 5 hours and eventually made it to Youtube. That's all it took for people at work to get ahold of haha.

That's one I'll never live down lol

Last edited by Zwick; 08-13-2009 at 11:17 AM..

Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
People say once you put something on the internet you can't take it off. (like a picture)
Only if people care enough to save it.

I don't know if it's an inflated sense of self-importance or what, but many people don't realize that they have security through obscurity. There's too much crap out there on the internet for somebody to go around saving and distributing pictures of your family.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:15 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
How do you feel about other people posting pictures of either you or your family on social networks?
I dont mind. There are a ton of pics of me, my wife, my daughter, that my friends/students have posted and it doesnt bother me at all.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:58 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Depends on what it is and how I look in the picture. In most cases I don't mind because if someone takes a picture of me I assume that other people are going to see it.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:17 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,854 times
it really only bothers me if its a bad picture. on facebook, my friends tagged me in pictures where most of them of me are bad (double chin, thunder thighs shots, etc). nothing really i could do about it. its not a big enough deal for me to tell all of them to untag me or whatever, but i avoid looking at the pictures and hope others do (it helps even though its a lie lol).

Old 08-13-2009, 02:20 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,369,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Only if people care enough to save it.

I don't know if it's an inflated sense of self-importance or what, but many people don't realize that they have security through obscurity. There's too much crap out there on the internet for somebody to go around saving and distributing pictures of your family.
There was that one story about a family picture used for a full size billboard ad in Eastern Europe (or similar place). Whatever's out there is up for grabs, people make all kinds of fake profiles on personals sites.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:26 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
I don't care. As long as they're not attaching my head to someone else's body, or drawing mustaches or Jerry Lewis horn rims on it, doesn't matter.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
There was that one story about a family picture used for a full size billboard ad in Eastern Europe (or similar place). Whatever's out there is up for grabs, people make all kinds of fake profiles on personals sites.
LOL. Thats true. There are some folks here who are using pic that were found on the internet as their "profile" pics.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:51 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
I know of someone that did this.

This gal had her first baby and before she even got out of the hospital her mother already uploaded a picture of the baby on a popular social website.

Now with me I would be ticked off!!!

How do you feel about this???
I have 30 relatives on my FB account, and we post pictures ALL the flippin' time. Lots of babies, too, and no one cares about being "scooped". It's all good.

So I am obviously cool with it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships