Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 08:47 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,079,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Today's (6/18/07) highs for selected NC regional airports.

Raleigh-Durham 96
Fayetteville 96
Wilmington 94
Lumberton 94
Greensboro 93
New Bern 93
Charlotte 93
Elizabeth City 93
Asheville-Hendersonville 89
Cape Hatteras 82

National Weather Service
Ouch!! And this is only June?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 09:44 PM

64 posts, read 282,798 times
Current temp in Phoenix 8 P.M.= 102. Rel humidity 8%. During the day it's a good idea not to go out in the sun.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:58 PM

485 posts, read 561,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemomma View Post
Current temp in Phoenix 8 P.M.= 102. Rel humidity 8%. During the day it's a good idea not to go out in the sun.
Update: 9:00 PM and 98 degrees out. Humidity still at 8 percent.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 AM

129 posts, read 754,241 times
Default hot, hot, hot...

It's funny I've had this conversation with clients a hundred times. Normally it's always someone from Florida, Nevada, Arizona and inevidentably when they ask about how hot it gets in the summer and I tell them they alway say that it's worse in Florida, Nevada, Arizona...fill in the blank. However now I have clients calling to ask "why, didn't you tell me it gets so hot?"

NC summers can be miserable. However just like with pain everybody has their own tolerance level. At this point let me just say, if I had lived in the South back in the "good ole antebellum days" I would have let the yankees have me, just so I could move to a cooler climate. I know being cold is uncomfortable, but you can always add more layers. When you're hot and humid there's only so far you can go before you have to consider what a charge of indecent exposure might do to your career...I wonder if the NC real estate commission would revoke a license for that little blip?

As you can tell I have no tolerance for the current summer weather, just imagine how whiny I'll be come August. The heat is bearable, but the humidity can be suffocating. However bad it is at the moment remember it is very cyclic. I don't know the actual statistics, but it hasn't seemed this miserably hot since 2002 so I keep telling myself that next year won't be so bad...hopefully.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:16 AM

485 posts, read 561,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLass View Post
I know being cold is uncomfortable, but you can always add more layers. When you're hot and humid there's only so far you can go before you have to consider what a charge of indecent exposure might do to your career...I wonder if the NC real estate commission would revoke a license for that little blip?
The funny part of that is that here in AZ, they say "it may be hot, but at least you don't have to shovel it, track it into the house, and clean the salt off your car."

Anywhere has its positives and negatives.

When it gets unbearable outside, whether by heat or cold, one can always stay inside (when one is retired).

Old 06-19-2007, 08:46 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,427,768 times
It is much easier to put on shorts and a t-shirt then get bundled up. Also, these temps are above average for this time of year.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:15 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
I am happy to hear these temps are UNUSUAL for this time of year. Course that doesn't make it any cooler. But this is the south so people what did we expect?? If you want cooler summers then you'll probably have to deal with colder winters. That's just life. I don't care at all for the heat myself but I'm not going to change it so I'll just learn to deal with it. Even if that requires staying inside with my a/c for a few hours during the day. And so far we do get a break every few days...I hope it stays that way. But either way we aren't going to change the weather so make it as comfortable as you can!!

Old 06-19-2007, 09:27 AM

954 posts, read 4,377,487 times
Central Park - 79 degrees now and high of 83 today.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:28 AM

954 posts, read 4,377,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLass View Post
It's funny I've had this conversation with clients a hundred times. Normally it's always someone from Florida, Nevada, Arizona and inevidentably when they ask about how hot it gets in the summer and I tell them they alway say that it's worse in Florida, Nevada, Arizona...fill in the blank. However now I have clients calling to ask "why, didn't you tell me it gets so hot?"

NC summers can be miserable. However just like with pain everybody has their own tolerance level. At this point let me just say, if I had lived in the South back in the "good ole antebellum days" I would have let the yankees have me, just so I could move to a cooler climate. I know being cold is uncomfortable, but you can always add more layers. When you're hot and humid there's only so far you can go before you have to consider what a charge of indecent exposure might do to your career...I wonder if the NC real estate commission would revoke a license for that little blip?

As you can tell I have no tolerance for the current summer weather, just imagine how whiny I'll be come August. The heat is bearable, but the humidity can be suffocating. However bad it is at the moment remember it is very cyclic. I don't know the actual statistics, but it hasn't seemed this miserably hot since 2002 so I keep telling myself that next year won't be so bad...hopefully.
When I lived in McDowell Co. in the foothills at the base of the Blue Ridge, we had this phenomenon almost every afternoon in July and August. Would cloud up and rain for a little while. When the sun came back out, it was like a sauna for a while.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:40 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,001,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010 View Post
Central Park - 79 degrees now and high of 83 today.
The same for Asheville-Hendersonville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina