Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 04:04 PM

607 posts, read 2,431,952 times

Advertisements

Hi;
I am moving to the Raleigh area this summer, and my husband and I are outdoor type of people. We love to camp, jetski, boat. Currently we are part of a camping club in California, but alas, I cannot find anything like that in North Carolina. We have a fifth wheel, and we look forward to camping in green, green campsites. We visited the campgrounds at Lake Jordan, and compared to the camping in California, it is amazing.

If anyone knows of camping groups or something like that, please share.

Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2006, 04:30 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,010,729 times
This is an interesting question! Never even knew there were camping clubs! There sure are enough places to camp here! I am going to watch the responses you get. It is beautiful here but I am still going to miss Yosemite and Sequoia!

Old 12-04-2006, 05:26 PM

41 posts, read 196,274 times
Not sure about camping clubs and as CAKD stated, I will watch responses to your question closely. Now, I have a loose group I go camping with on a regular basis. Memorial Day we go to a small cg on the New River near the Virginia/North Carolina line. Used to tent camp which allowed me to roll out of the tent literally to my fishing spot on the river. CG is New River Campground. Have been going also to Twin Lakes CG in little Washington. Good cg with access to the Pamlico Sound. Fontana Dam up near Cherokee is a good place to. Finally, Ocean Lakes in South Myrtle Beach is great and family friendly. If you want to compare schedules for the coming year, maybe we can hook up.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:46 PM

823 posts, read 3,923,939 times
I think there is a Sierra club in Raleigh. I would start there. I had friends from Raleigh that camped all the time. My favorite trips were to Stone Mountain, Pigstah National Forest, and Huntington Beach State Park in South Carolina. We'd go there for Thanksgiving. There is an amazing sculpture garden across the street at an old plantation.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:52 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,945,845 times
I bet you can find some regional camping clubs through the Good Sam RV Group. You should be able to ask about them over on the Affinity Group Discussion Board (part of Good Sam). Just go to http://www.rv.net/forum

Another place would be the Escapee's Group. They have various BOF's (Birds of a Feather) and some of the might be geographical BOF's. Other will be interest-based BOF's. Just go to http://www.escapees.com

Here's another link to part of the Escapee's website. It goes right to the Discussion Board: http://escapees.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x (broken link)

That should get you started.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:49 AM

607 posts, read 2,431,952 times
Wow;
Ask and you shall receive. Thank you all. For my first posting, I really got so many good ideas. CAKD; I will miss Yosemite as well, that is a place with tons of memorys for me and my family. I hope to find new memorys when we move.
Garth; Thanks for all those sites, I will check into them.
Skymax Taf; Sounds like a plan.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,909 times
Default Another camping group-FCRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
Hi;
I am moving to the Raleigh area this summer, and my husband and I are outdoor type of people. We love to camp, jetski, boat. Currently we are part of a camping club in California, but alas, I cannot find anything like that in North Carolina. We have a fifth wheel, and we look forward to camping in green, green campsites. We visited the campgrounds at Lake Jordan, and compared to the camping in California, it is amazing.

If anyone knows of camping groups or something like that, please share.

Liz
Try FAMILY CAMPERS and RVers. NC Website: www.ncfcrv.org. See the "Chapters" page. National website: Home Page - Family Campers and RVers.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:12 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times
The local Y amy have a camping group.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,563 times
Im looking for tent camping groups in S.C can some one help

Old 06-13-2010, 01:59 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfeather34 View Post
Im looking for tent camping groups in S.C can some one help

Probably someone on the South CArolina forum would know more than here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina