Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 AM

616 posts, read 1,751,606 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have an idea for how I can get in touch with John Edwards?

I am trying to reach an attorney who is very experienced as a "plaintiff's lawyer" and somewhat high profile. I have had it with being jacked around for the last 8 months by Wells Fargo. I am a Wachovia customer who got a trial modification but when Wachovia transitioned to Wells Fargo it all fell apart and has been a consistent mess on Wells Fargo's part.

I will no doubt learn that there is no one who can be an advocate for the homeowners but at least I feel I should ask and decided to start with John Edwards. Any other ideas?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Well, he lives in Chapel Hill, but it's not exactly as if he is in the phone book...

Is he still practicing? With all the negative press, I would suspect he is "lying low" right now and likely retired. I doubt his contact info would be easy to get.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,158,318 times
Are you serious? For one, I don't think he is practicing law right now. For two, given the national exposure given his cheating episode, do you think a judge/jury would be inclined to believe him?

Old 06-21-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Are you serious? For one, I don't think he is practicing law right now. For two, given the national exposure given his cheating episode, do you think a judge/jury would be inclined to believe him?
Sure - regardless of the Rielle episode, he's still an excellent plaintiff's attorney. But you're right - he may not be practicing. I'll look him up in the NC State Bar - maybe I can find out about his foundations as well.

There are other suits like this one going on in other states - they don't come before juries. I'm looking for an advocate who can help me/others address a situation where applications for mortgage mods are cast aside due to lack of documentation, when it can be shown Wells Fargo never requested the certain bit of documentation. You can't deliver what they don't ask for!

Last edited by abcornwell; 06-21-2010 at 01:11 PM..

Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Sure - regardless of the Rielle episode, he's still an excellent plaintiff's attorney. But you're right - he may not be practicing. I'll look him up in the NC State Bar - maybe I can find out about his foundations as well.

There are other suits like this one going on in other states - they don't come before juries. I'm looking for an advocate who can help me/others address a situation where applications for mortgage mods are cast aside due to lack of documentation, when it can be shown Wells Fargo never requested the certain bit of documentation. You can deliver what they don't ask for!
I think it's a good idea, ab. At least he could point you in the right direction, if he isn't practicing.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:12 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
You might try Jeffery Fieger--The workin Man's lawyer.

I think he has license to practice law in NC...

He did a great job for Dr. Kervorkian.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I think it's a good idea, ab. At least he could point you in the right direction, if he isn't practicing.
Thanks, southbound! He's listed as inactive with the NC Bar - but he'd still be worth the point in the right direction.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You might try Jeffery Fieger--The workin Man's lawyer.

I think he has license to practice law in NC...

He did a great job for Dr. Kervorkian.
Thanks, good idea.

And, I just remembered! My attorney in Cincinnati shared office space and a paralegal with Stan Chesley ...

Old 06-21-2010, 02:31 PM

451 posts, read 1,565,511 times
The first thing I would do is write the Banking Commissioner in N.C. as well as The Attorney General's office. There are so many other states that are filing suits against Wells Fargo as well as Bank of America. I don't know why they don't here. At least have it on record that you filed a complaint. Maybe if enough people did this in N.C .that were having problems, something would be done. My friend went through a similar problem with Wells Fargo but doesn't have the money to hire a lawyer. Good luck.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:43 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,158,318 times
Just to play devil's advocate a bit, you realize the bank is doing you a favor to modify your loan, right? I mean, they don't have to do it. You agreed to the original terms, and unless they did something wrong in the origination they have every legal right to hold you to it. On what grounds would you sue them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina