Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 PM

37 posts, read 57,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
This is not the Atlanta board or the Georgia board. I have not been there recently, but never, since the mid '70s, did I feel that Georgia was MidAtlantic.

My friend, who has been dead for many years, was from Rome, not Atlanta. I have been to Rome more often than Atlanta. I did have an interesting conversation with her father, though. He spent time at Fort Dix during WWII. He said that he & his friends liked South Jersey & thought it was like North Carolina. He said that some of his friends met girls in South Jersey & settled there after the war.

I'm not going to continue this, because I still feel that you are looking for an arguement. Go take a drive on Rt 13 on Delmarva, as others have posted.
I'm not looking for no argument? I'm trying to understand you. I live in rural MD and have been here for some time now so I think I got a feel of the mid atlantic. I'm telling you that I grew up in Bama and rural NC feels extremely similar. I'm asking a simple ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 10:45 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre2290 View Post
I'm not looking for no argument? I'm trying to understand you. I live in rural MD and have been here for some time now so I think I got a feel of the mid atlantic. I'm telling you that I grew up in Bama and rural NC feels extremely similar. I'm asking a simple ?
I worked in Baltimore County for several years & rented in Baltimore County for a while & Carroll County for a while. It had a different feel. If you think that you know everything about the MidAtlantic, that's fine. You don't. It's a very varied region. You've seen other people cite locations in this thread, but since you have your mind made up, you just want to keep after me, but God-forbid that you check those other places out. Ask the other posters who cited places in the MidAtlantic. Maybe you'll like their answers better.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:35 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,424,950 times
NC is still Southern, but just like Virginia, it also is Mid Atlantic. It is both at the same time and harmoniously.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
NC is still Southern, but just like Virginia, it also is Mid Atlantic. It is both at the same time and harmoniously.
Thank you. I have tried to say this with little success. Southerners tend to see what is Southern. People from the MidAtlantic tend to see that. By nature, the MidAtlantic blends what is Northern & Southern. Sometimes it is simultaneous, but sometimes it's one or the other.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:25 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,315,336 times
7th grade NC history class said it is historically Mid Atlantic part of the South. then elsewhere you have the deep south, etc.

If the concern is that more transplants are moving to the state and changing the personality and character of the state; i guess this is possible. Hope not. I like my homestate.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
7th grade NC history class said it is historically Mid Atlantic part of the South. then elsewhere you have the deep south, etc.

If the concern is that more transplants are moving to the state and changing the personality and character of the state; i guess this is possible. Hope not. I like my homestate.
Thank you. I was taught the same in 6th or 7th grade geography.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 PM

68 posts, read 139,471 times
Quote:
Thank you. I was taught the same in 6th or 7th grade geography.
That's a problem. Considering I was taught that NC was the south. Not once did I hear them say anything about NC being simultaneously both. That's from my NC history class. Obviously one teacher is wrong. Could be mines could be yours but for me and what I've been taught NC is the south, not both. My opinion and i'm born and raised in NC.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram73 View Post
That's a problem. Considering I was taught that NC was the south. Not once did I hear them say anything about NC being simultaneously both. That's from my NC history class. Obviously one teacher is wrong. Could be mines could be yours but for me and what I've been taught NC is the south, not both. My opinion and i'm born and raised in NC.
Again, you choose to come after me. 2 NC natives posted on the same page, saying the same thing that I have said. Did you choose to challenge them? No. Did you quote the NC native who I was responding to? No. Could it be that you are trying to intimidate me? I am posting to tell you that I am not interested in attempting to discuss this topic with you anymore. You have trailed me from thread to thread trying to tell me that I am wrong. This thread has plenty of other posters who have the same opinion as me, but you chose to try to take me on again.

By the terms of service, you are allowed your opinion as I am allowed mine. I have tried to explain myself to you, but have never attempted to ram my views down your throat. There is a whole thread of people who share my view. Pick someone else.

Last edited by southbound_295; 04-28-2012 at 11:33 PM..

Old 04-28-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post

That's a problem. I was never taught that and i'm a native N Carolinian. Obviously one of our teachers is wrong. Not sure who it is but in my opinion its just the south.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Again, you choose to come after me. 2 NC natives posted on the same page, saying the same thing that I have said. Did you choose to challenge them? No. Did you quote the NC native who I was responding to? No. Could it be that you are trying to intimidate me? I am posting to tell you that I am not interested in attempting to discuss this topic with you anymore. You have trailed me from thread to thread trying to tell me that I am wrong. This thread has plenty of other posters who have the same opinion as me, but you chose to try to take me on again.

By the terms of service, you are allowed your opinion as I am allowed mine. I have tried to explain myself to you, but have never attempted to ram my views down your throat. There is a whole thread of people who share my view. Pick someone else.
When looking at all these post on every single one of these is NC mid-atlantic threads NC being labled the southeast has been by far the majority. All the rest is wishful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina