Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2006, 11:12 AM

32 posts, read 45,300 times

Advertisements

Was just curious, seem to see many posting that state they were formely from Oregon..Personally I grew up in Gladstone but have lived in/around NC since I was 18 and have been in Apex, NC for the past 10..

Stefan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2006, 01:01 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,625,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmro
Was just curious, seem to see many posting that state they were formely from Oregon..Personally I grew up in Gladstone but have lived in/around NC since I was 18 and have been in Apex, NC for the past 10..

Stefan
I am from Portland born and raised, we live in Apex but we are moving out of NC in a week.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:01 PM

217 posts, read 798,632 times
I am in Oregon now...(Salem) and we are planning the move as we speak.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:42 PM

24 posts, read 61,940 times
Default NJ-->Oregon-->NJ--->NC?

I grew up in NJ close to "the city" as we call it. I went to visit a buddy in Portland, OR after college and ended up staying for 8 years.

I never got used to it 100%. I always missed the New York metro area, the hustle and bustle. Portland was a nice town, though.

Now that I'm older, married, and looking to start a family, I have don't seek out the bright lights, big city life. I can't afford to buy a home in the town I grew up in...pretty sad. Maybe NC will be a nice place to live, although I will miss having the city in my backyard. Even though I rarely ever cross the bridge to NY, it's comforting knowing it's there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina