Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 10:30 PM

926 posts, read 828,850 times

Advertisements

Lots of neat stuff coming to Ramsey Street around 2500+ Worker major manufacturer, Goodyear. This stuff would easily put Lakewood Dr area (Jack Britt) in a second place spot for hot residential markets in the metro.

City plans to annex the proposed area which is now rural. PWC is also expanding water and sewer for $4 million to the area, which should be completed in 12 months.

The stuff that is planned includes;

350 single family homes
360 apartments
30 acre of commercial property

With I-295 easy access to I-95, I can imagine an additional major manufacturing company coming to the area. Their are some plans for a 300-worker company to come to Fayetteville, but I don’t think it’s prestigious enough for approval on Ramsey Street, as it’s only clothing and would probably hurt property values, compared to some areas of the city where it would actually raise them like Murchison, Reilly, and Black and Decker.

It’s an upscale area around Kings Grant and Fairfield Farms, so I am interested in how much a house would cost there, as I’d definitrly splurge if it’s under $400,000 and leave behind Fayetteville Regional Airport Area. Only thing that bugs me is what the commute would be to downtown, as Ramsey Street is notiotiously congested, as bad as Gillespie and Robeson during rush hour.

News article -
Major development on Ramsey Street in the works - News - The Fayetteville Observer - Fayetteville, NC

Harris Teeter canceled plans for a Ramsey Street superstore due to stock prices (different part of Ramsey Street), but the area definitely deserves a high end grocer, wherher it be lower end of upscale like Harris Teeter and Publx, or if it’d be The Fresh Market, or even Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s wouldn’t go wrong in that stretch north of Methodist University.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 01:48 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Harris Teeter had a store planned at Shoppes at King's Grant. Harris Teeter announces new stores and goes into a perpetual delay for years of constructing them. To my knowledge, Shoppes at King's Grant has not been canceled.

If a supermarket is coming to Ramsey Street, I could see Publix opening sooner than Harris Teeter.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:26 AM

678 posts, read 738,350 times
I'm hoping Sheetz comes to Fayettevillle, a location on North Ramsey near 295, would be a good spot. They're already in Lillington, not too far up the road.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:16 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,478,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
I'm hoping Sheetz comes to Fayettevillle, a location on North Ramsey near 295, would be a good spot. They're already in Lillington, not too far up the road.
!!!!!

The gas station options in that part of the state are (for lack of a better word) lacking. Sheetz would make a killing in Fayetteville which has no shortage of Circle K (meh!) stores and as many Family Fares (meh!) to rival Durham. If Sheetz isn’t coming, then hopefully someone from QuikTrip can take a look at this area.

I know Florida will be getting Buc’ees in a couple of years. wouldn’t mind if they plopped one down off of 95.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:12 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Drove to Fayetteville today for job related business. I see that tower crane is up for that office building that will overlook the ballpark Downtown

Old 01-07-2019, 07:22 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,727,168 times
I feel for that crane operator. He has been working some long hours
and into the night a lot of times...

Old 01-08-2019, 08:58 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,858,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Drove to Fayetteville today for job related business. I see that tower crane is up for that office building that will overlook the ballpark Downtown
Here is an article about the crane and new developments. The ballpark is supposed to be ready by opening day 2019.

https://www.fayobserver.com/news/201...n-fayetteville

Old 01-08-2019, 12:11 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Pretty cool development. Great to see urban high density projects going up in downtown Fayetteville.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:34 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,994 times
You guys should keep updates going on in the NC development thread. It doesn't have to be just the big projects from the larger cities. Stuff like this is great to see and I had no idea it was going on even though I'm down in Fayetteville every once in awhile. I'll have to cruise through downtown Friday when I'm there and check it out for myself.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:55 PM

186 posts, read 177,374 times
Downtown Fayetteville has a lot of potential and I hope developers jump into this opportunity with both feet. A lot of progress has been made, but once Downtown Fayetteville gets to the next level of revitalization it is going to look and feel great. Of course, since flooding can be an issue, more work is needed to secure that properties do not get destroyed every few years. There is a nice aerial video that demonstrates this problem, taken last September. You can also see the crane and the baseball field:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArEV9vGoDhw

Anyway, I believe this is the project under construction and if I am not mistaken the Prince Charles Hotel is barely seen at the bottom-center of the rendering:

Not related to the current development, but I wanted to share this nice aerial of Downtown Fayetteville:

Image is courtesy of Grant-Murray Real Estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina