Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:53 PM

10 posts, read 67,764 times

Advertisements

We are a military family that is relocating to Ft Bragg in a few months. We are looking to rent a house for under $1700 in a nice area (yeah, I know, there is nothing nice in Fayetteville). I"m wondering about gated communities. Is there a website that lists community amenities for each gated community? What do each offer? I see some have golfing. We don't golf though, so what else is there? Do they have things like sidewalks, parks, swimming (pools or lakes)? Are there any non-gated communities that have these amenities? I'm looking on the north side. Raeford and Hope Mills are too far, IMO. I grew up in Fayetteville, Raeford and Hope Mills, but moved away 15 years ago, so I'm familiar with the area but, it seems, there are a lot of new areas that I've never heard of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 06:55 PM

983 posts, read 3,973,099 times
You want gated.....Gates Four is about it, that I know of. It's in an excellent school district (Jack Britt HS)...don't know about amenities...but sidewalks are scarce around here.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:14 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,964,611 times
In the city... Gates Four (they got annexed). But, there are only three active rentals under $1700 at the moment. There are a few gated condo complexes with ammenities. Kings Grant has some gated sections now.

If you have been gone 15 years you might be surprised. Things have improved. Hope Mills is really developing and you won't recognize Raeford Road between Fayetteville and Raeford. There are plenty of nice safe neighborhoods to choose from in that price range for rentals.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:39 PM

What about Anderson Creek and Carolina Lakes? I know they're outside of Fayetteville but seem close enough to Bragg (Womack). Those are gated communities, right?

Old 08-24-2010, 06:08 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,964,611 times
You are correct. But when you mentioned Hope Mills being too far away I did not think you would want to live that far out in Harnett County.

They are just as far from post as Hope Mills.

Carolina Lakes has 8 rentals under $1700

Anderson Creek has 5 but several are condos.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:13 PM

Hope Mills and Raeford might not be far away in mileage but having to fight Fayetteville traffic can be daunting. I remember Carolina Lakes being in the "country" with little-to-no traffic to contend with. Is that still true?

I know nothing about Anderson Creek. What I've been able to find is that its in Spring Lake. Spring Lake was always the ghetto, but it seems to have grown since I was last there.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:31 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,520,949 times
I don't think Spring Lake has grown all that much personally. I'd be interested in knowing their police situation now, as about two years ago they lost their authority.

As far as gated communities, most of what I have seen are small townhomes and duplexes. Is there a reason you want or prefer gated communities? There are lots of nice neighborhoods in Fayetteville for you to choose from that didn't exist 15 years ago that aren't gated.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:02 PM

28 posts, read 173,576 times
We just moved from Fayetteville, husband just ets'd. The only places I felt were decent out there were Hope Mills and most of the apartments right around that stretch on Ramsey street by Methodist University. Spring Mills is a dump and though Morganton, and I believe Cliffdale, both have some nice apartments on them, that's where always heard of the most crime.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:56 PM

30 posts, read 131,029 times
With I-295 now open you might want to look at Eastover. They have a few nice areas there. Depending on where you will work at Bragg Eastover might fit in your plans.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 14,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrie73 View Post
Hope Mills and Raeford might not be far away in mileage but having to fight Fayetteville traffic can be daunting. I remember Carolina Lakes being in the "country" with little-to-no traffic to contend with. Is that still true?

I know nothing about Anderson Creek. What I've been able to find is that its in Spring Lake. Spring Lake was always the ghetto, but it seems to have grown since I was last there.

Anderson Creek Club has a Spring Lake's zip code because their is no U.S. Post Office in the area. Also Anderson Creek Club belong to Harnett County, not Cumberland. It is confusing, but hopefully it will change soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina