Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 01:35 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,984,771 times

Advertisements

I wish we could bulldoze the seedy areas but things like property rights get in the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 05:13 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,499,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
So funny....

And what did they built just across the street from that motel?????? It takes time to change an area. Progress is being made but slowly.

Welcome to Villagio Apartment Homes
do you know how expensive those apartments are? try $955 for the smallest 1br. this is NOT a typical scene in fayetteville.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:06 PM

It is hard to find a decent place to rent here under $900. I know, I do property management now too.

I'll admit being surprised they put the complex there but the long term effect will be positive on the area.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:02 PM

31 posts, read 167,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayloc View Post
you really are a sad individual to make a judgement about a place you looked up to answer the question ...im not military or a bible thumper and i love it here...as far as neighborhoods go gates four is nice but so is haymount, raconda, van story hills, a lot of eastover, murray hill, hunnington, the whole back half of sky drive....etc.....its not beverly hills but that is thousands of people that live in high end neighborhoods that are well out of military paygrade..so its what you want to know or what you put into fayetteville,nc depends on what you get out of fayetteville,nc ...there are concerts,sporting events, plays, and a ton of other things..but your right raleigh has a lot more including double the robberies and rapes and murders and low income housing...etc...fayetteville in my opinion is a great place to live.and as far as military goes im proud there here and thankful..and if its good enough for them to live it good enough for me....the all american city...
And making a judgement about a person because of their opinion is better? Pot, meet kettle.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayetteville boy View Post
fayetteville is an good place to stay so **** all people who says it bad i got somtin **** you and yo Mommas thanks to all the people who adore fayetteville much love for yall and hehah **** u
There you go. A PRIME example of EXACTLY the type of person you'll encounter in Fayetteville. Ghetto, ghetto, ghetto.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
Very little to do???? Let's see........
this weekend I took my daughter to the National Hunting and Fishing day event at the John E. Pechmann Fishing Education Center.
N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission > Home
She got to learn about all the state animals, learn about beekeeping, reptiles, raptors. She got to try fly fishing, a casting contest, kayaking, lure making, shoot a bb gun and bow/arrows and catch some nice big catfish in the ponds there.

Then we went to the International Folk Festival downtown a festival park to enjoy the great ethnic foods from dozens of counties and see the vendor and activity booths all set up by the Fayetteville Arts council. My daughter got to make Javanese shadow puppets, a Native American unity bracelet, see a great presentation on Indian Culture and see many very good dance groups on the big stage. We also helped work in Mom's Filipino club's food booth.
International Folk Festival | Fayetteville | North Carolina | Festivals NC

On Sunday my Archery Club had it's month 3-D shoot ( I run registration and scoring) so I attended that while that rest of the family was at the International folk festival for the last day.
Home (http://rockfisharcheryclub.com/default.aspx - broken link)

It was also the last weekend of the Cumberland County Fair but with we were so busy with other activities we did not get the chance to go.
Cumberland County Fair

Fayetteville is only boring if you don't get out and get involved.
Wow sounds like you got to see a LOT of pants dragging the ground, underwear hanging out, etc. Good for you!

Old 03-18-2013, 11:08 AM

What an odd fixation? That is what you got from my post?

Old 03-18-2013, 05:06 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
Well, it's better than Rocky Mount.

I still wouldn't live there.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 4,705 times
I have lived in the Fayettville area from 2002 to present. Previously I was in places like Watertown, NY, Tampa, FL, Quantico, VA, Lakewood, CO, Ontario, Canada, Stuttgart, Germany (point being I've seen places outside of this city), and I am not going to lie, when I first got here it was a bit dull.

Over the years I have learned all the ups and downs to the area. There is so much to do here now if you are active. Gyms left and right such as yoga, crossfit, power lifting, indoor climbing gyms, gymnastics, an indoor baseball gym, a huge skate park, three amazing motocross tracks, a few cycling clubs and bike shops, parks everywhere now, and if you are a dog lover, they have dog clubs of all types from aglity to ****zun to keep you busy, as well as good boarding and training facility to choose from.

Crime rate is managable as long as you use common sense on where to be at certain times. As long as you're smart, you will not even see the crime in this city.

The cross creek mall was just remodeled, and has every store you would need. Car dealerships are everywhere, with most of them being highly rated in customer satisfaction. The food here is great, with Pierro's being one of the best places I've ever eaten at as far as Italian is concerned. Clubs and bars are everywhere, so if you like that kind of stuff, it's here.

There has been a lot of construction happening lately, and slowely but surely it is starting to look more like a major city, with projects and bad neighborhoods slowly being demolished or fixed up to make this city feel more alive than dead. People just don't get out and explore this city like I have it seems, and it to me is a nice city if you just look around and find what you are looking for. It is just like any city in america, which means stay off Bragg Blvd, the Merc, stuff that looks sketchy, and you will not have problems here.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,098,602 times
I spent two long years in Fayetteville and was so glad I was able to go to the first Iraqi war. Trust me when I say that the deserts of the middle east are more appealing than Fayetteville. Coming from a Massachusetts I was totally unprepared for the strip malls, overabundance of fast food joints and trailer parks.

I actually chose to live on base because the town itself was just gross. But if you were ever in need of some heroin , cocaine , hookers, tattoos or anything else it was just a few steps outside the gate on Bragg BLVD.

And what is with all the 17 year old girls just dying to marry a soldier in the hopes of getting the hell out of dodge. Sure some are successful in getting married but usually just end up stuck there with 2 kids while the "dad" runs off back home when his enlistment is up.

Overall a very depressing town and will never again set foot back in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina