Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 04:04 AM

2 posts, read 7,665 times

Advertisements

*Typo Fayettville was "65" miles away from my job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 01:08 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
The moral of that story is don't move anywhere without a job. I can't imagine you would have to move all the way down here in Fayetteville to find a trailer house to live in. There has to be something closer to Raleigh. Like Johnston County.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:54 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Residence View Post
We dont move anywhereelse once we get here because there is 0 Jobs=0 Economy so that we can make it back out of this dry sliver of Hell.I moved here 3 months ago from Raleigh which is Totally different on the other hand Ive heard it compared to a Mecca by foreigners who come to that city to make a new life. I moved here because Raleigh is Such a beautiful mecca I could not find the place I wanted right away because they where All filled and there would not be an opening until June(thus was in March) So I moved here because I found a Triple wide and was willing to travel until June.This was 65 miles away from my job in Raleigh which I didnt think would be too much of a problem until I began to have car issues.Certainly I would have thought I would easily transition into a Job here in Fayettville to atleast accomodate the one I had in Raleigh. I had been promoted to a Senior Advisor on my job with a 2.00 raise.Now 3 months later in this Non productive hell whole I hv no job despite of searching and I have lost my car.I give this place👎👎👎👎👎👎thumbs down. Not to mention the druggies and bums begging for money. I watched one sitting @the exit @Mcdonald's where a customer bought him a sandwhich from the drive through stopped and gave it to this man and as soon as the kind person drove off this transient through the sandwhich into traffic.Smh.This place is No Where I keep PrAying to go back to Raleigh where I know I can get a Job a Good one in 1 to 10 days like I did 2 yrs ago when I moved there.
Yep it's just all really unpleasant here. Can't even go to the downtown library without hearing ghetto people saying "n**** this n**** ratchet f*** that, f*** that n**** up b****" or some other ghetto person telling their 3 year old kid to "**** the f*** up" (these were 2 different occasions). Can't go grab a cup of coffee in Starbucks without passing through a huge gaggle of teenagers staring you down, because you have to keep in mind that armed robberies have happened at almost every location in Fayetteville at any time of day. The weather here sucks, in the summer it's always the hottest location in the state and in winter it's always ice or cold rain. People are terrible drivers here and constantly tailgate, cut you off, shout out the window "you got a f***in' problem!!!" and follow you. Newspaper sellers on the streets get rude and ghetto if you don't give them a cigarette. Can't drive down Bragg Blvd or even Skibo Rd past 10PM without wondering if some idiot is going to shoot into your car when they pass you. Misery. The whole town. Misery.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:35 PM

622 posts, read 948,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Yep it's just all really unpleasant here. Can't even go to the downtown library without hearing ghetto people saying "n**** this n**** ratchet f*** that, f*** that n**** up b****" or some other ghetto person telling their 3 year old kid to "**** the f*** up" (these were 2 different occasions). Can't go grab a cup of coffee in Starbucks without passing through a huge gaggle of teenagers staring you down, because you have to keep in mind that armed robberies have happened at almost every location in Fayetteville at any time of day. The weather here sucks, in the summer it's always the hottest location in the state and in winter it's always ice or cold rain. People are terrible drivers here and constantly tailgate, cut you off, shout out the window "you got a f***in' problem!!!" and follow you. Newspaper sellers on the streets get rude and ghetto if you don't give them a cigarette. Can't drive down Bragg Blvd or even Skibo Rd past 10PM without wondering if some idiot is going to shoot into your car when they pass you. Misery. The whole town. Misery.
How does all of these bad things happen in such a small town. I have looked up Fayetteville NC online and I heard that city looks beautiful and I thought the people of Fayetteville NC are nice as well. So why is it like that?

Old 07-13-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppethammer26 View Post
How does all of these bad things happen in such a small town. I have looked up Fayetteville NC online and I heard that city looks beautiful and I thought the people of Fayetteville NC are nice as well. So why is it like that?
Some parts of the city do look beautiful - downtown namely. That's the part everyone always posts pictures of when they are telling people how beautiful Fayetteville is. Problem is, downtown has nothing really truly special. A bunch of offices, overly expensive little eateries, Christian book/thrift stores...There are a few cool things downtown though, just no reason to really go there too often.

The real Fayetteville is Bragg Blvd, Skibo Rd, Ramsey St, Murchison Rd, Raeford Rd...and they are far from beautiful. Skibo Rd is okay but it's always crowded and I still wouldn't call it beautiful, just more aesthetically pleasing than Bragg Blvd or Ramsey St. All the big box stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, 2nd and Charles, etc) are on Skibo along with numerous car dealerships, restaurants, and tattoo parlors. Here is a typical view of Skibo:

Here is a typical scene on Bragg Blvd:

Murchison Rd:

Raeford Rd:

And then of course as I mentioned, shootings and robberies happen all the time at these locations and the neighborhoods in them...

Woman shot randomly at ATM on Raeford Rd...
Woman, 24, shot at Fayetteville ATM :: WRAL.com

2 people shot randomly while driving on Murchison...
Two in car shot along Murchison Road early Sunday - fayobserver.com: Crime & Courts

Human trafficking, sexual servitude at hotel on Skibo...
Three arrested in Fayetteville for human trafficking, sexual servitude :: WRAL.com

Robbery/shooting in Walmart parking lot on Skibo...
Man shot outside Fayetteville Walmart :: WRAL.com

4 shot on Bragg Blvd...I witnessed this one as I was driving past to pick up my girlfriend from work...
Two killed, two hurt in shooting outside Fayetteville nightclub :: WRAL.com

Woman raped while her Advance Auto Parts store gets robbed...
http://www.wral.com/clerk-sexually-a...bery/13073474/

It's just a terrible area, man...nothing good ever happens here. What makes it worse is everyone's attitude. The vast majority of the people here hate it here, and a huge amount of people are very poor and jobless/not educated. There are no good jobs besides doctor/lawyer. Even in the neighborhood I used to live in, just a few days ago there was a gang fight where 70 shots were fired and 1 kid was killed...that 1 kid who was killed was the friend of another person who was shot and killed in a double homicide...that double homicide was the 2nd double homicide at that apartment complex this year...not in a bad part of town...just a few days ago also, the next street over to my new house (i called the cops on this one as i heard the shots), someone got robbed and shot outside his house...that person was the ex-boyfriend of someone else who was shot and killed...

People say this type of stuff happens in every city.

Wrong.

Completely wrong. I have lived in 7 different states and countless cities and have never witnessed/been close to this much crime. My family is spread out throughout 9 states right now...none of them ever have to worry about their house being broke into or have to worry about being shot at an ATM at 9PM. I moved here from a town where I was completely comfortable going to an ATM or a gas station at 1AM. Here I wouldnt dream of it.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:32 PM

4,587 posts, read 6,414,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMo76 View Post
Worked there for two years and all the guys renamed it Fayettenam. My mom always said nothing good ever happens after 12am will in Fayettenam that's true except it's closer to nothing good ever happens after about 7:00pm.
Best comment award!

Old 07-13-2014, 11:56 PM

622 posts, read 948,495 times
Quote:
People say this type of stuff happens in every city.

Wrong.

Completely wrong. I have lived in 7 different states and countless cities and have never witnessed/been close to this much crime. My family is spread out throughout 9 states right now...none of them ever have to worry about their house being broke into or have to worry about being shot at an ATM at 9PM. I moved here from a town where I was completely comfortable going to an ATM or a gas station at 1AM. Here I wouldnt dream of it.
Why did you decided to move to Fayetteville NC instead of staying where you used to live?

Old 07-14-2014, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppethammer26 View Post
Why did you decided to move to Fayetteville NC instead of staying where you used to live?
My grandma lived here, and was getting very sick. She needed help. I wanted to help and didn't really know Fayetteville was this bad. She has since passed and I am too broke to leave.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:42 PM

983 posts, read 3,986,713 times
Quote:
Boy, are you the king of exaggeration or what??? We go to Starbucks ALL.THE.TIME. and MY teenager is the only one in there--with us.

Armed robberies have NOT happened at every location in Fayetteville---I've lived here almost 43 years (I'll be 43 in 3 weeks) and have never been a victim of a crime. Fayetteville is NOT the hottest location in the state---Greg Fishel will verify that. Winter---we have ice maybe once or twice a decade. Never had anyone yell out the car window at me like they were in Jersey---your driving must really stink! Newspaper sellers in the street are homeless people living in the shelters, and the paper gives them the papers to help them out. They've never been rude to me---of course, I keep my car windows up. NEVER EVER have I worried for my safety driving down a street in Fayetteville---Bragg Blve or Skibo----now, the Murch might be a little scary after 11pm, but I stay out of those areas.

As for the unemployed.....just read an article that the military and the school system are the two largest employers in the state. Not EVERY one here is unemployed and uneducated.

As for the crime you linked above...the majority of it (95%) was crimes committed against people they knew---the majority was NOT random crime by random perpetrators to random victims.
You really have a sad, sad life.

Bless your heart.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:28 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Why are you stuck LordHelmit? Have you applied for jobs in other cities?

Fayetteville definitely does have some sketchy areas, but there are plenty of nice areas, too, that aren't gated communities. There are plenty of places I would NOT want to be at 1am, but I don't personally know of anyone in Fayetteville who has been a victim of a random violent crime and I grew up there. I know it does happen, but, really, I think you need to do everything you can to avoid the situations you describe. Find another job, have your girlfriend find another job. Move to a different apartment. Move to a different city.

I would not want to live in Fayetteville again, but my folks lived there for 60+ years and I have many friends who stayed there after high school although they had other opportunities. If folks are looking for trouble in Fayetteville they can certainly find it, but there definitely are people who LIKE it there, too, and aren't looking to get out. It can be a good fit for some folks. Doesn't sound like it's a good fit for you in your present circumstances so I'd look at doing whatever you can to change those circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina