Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 05:44 AM

3 posts, read 36,665 times

Advertisements

Sorry I meant enjoyable. Not enjouable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 06:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Fayetteville is not at all like Milwaukee!

LOL if it were, I would have nothing but good things to say about it!

I was recalling time I spent working with the Urban Education Journal (RETHINKING SCHOOLS) there on East Keefe Street (nice neighborhood) and conversation with MPS teachers.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:24 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agirlll111 View Post
Fayetteville has the highest rate of burgalries, and deaths in North Carolina. And some parts of it smell so bad that you can't even step outside from the dog food factory. So I suggest Fuquay Varina. Were looking on moving in there.
I've lived here for years and never heard of a dog food factory. Where is this place?

Greenville, NC is rated more dangerous than Fayetteville. Fayetteville is high but just above Columbus OH.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-03-2011 at 07:38 AM..

Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 AM

102 posts, read 170,411 times
It's bad. The crime is very high and as a single woman I felt very unsafe driving at night or being out past 9:00pm. The town is comprised predominately of car lots, pawn shops and fast food/chain restaurants. The only activities that seem to be available for residents are drinking alcohol and going to a movie. If you are looking for culture or arts, forget it. On the other hand, if you want a very quiet life, low cost of living and stay home a lot, there might be some parts of town that are safer than others.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:31 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
That is a bit narrowminded. Look though some of my old posts about the area and you will find I have listed many activities that don't involve drinking. I do like going to the movies with my family so I won't comment on that.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:11 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
A few offerings not pointed out....

Fayetteville does have a water sports park that sits in a lake of nasty water.

Fayetteville also has a drag strip which the tech officials don't enforce safety standards for racers.

But yes if you like eating lots of food Fayetteville has you covered.

p.s. stay off Murchinson Rd, Grove View terrace area (off Grove St) or the Bonnie Donne area of Bragg Blvd at night.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:40 PM

983 posts, read 3,986,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterofopinion View Post
It's bad. The crime is very high and as a single woman I felt very unsafe driving at night or being out past 9:00pm. The town is comprised predominately of car lots, pawn shops and fast food/chain restaurants. The only activities that seem to be available for residents are drinking alcohol and going to a movie. If you are looking for culture or arts, forget it. On the other hand, if you want a very quiet life, low cost of living and stay home a lot, there might be some parts of town that are safer than others.
I've lived here all my life. With the exception of Walmart on Skibo Rd., and neighborhoods, like Grove View Terrace, I've never ever felt unsafe in town alone.

If you'll read the NEWSPAPER on Fridays, you'll find plenty of activities going on that don't involve drinking or going to the movies, including plenty of "cultural events."

The pawn shops are predominately near the base, and there are many good restaurants in town.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:52 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
I always found the drivers to be crazy in Fayetteville. Then it occurred to me that there were drivers from ALL over the country all slammed into one town trying desperately to cling to the style of driving that was common to their places of origin.

I think Fayetteville is a bleak, depressing place. It's nothing like Madison, that's for sure.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:52 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I always found the drivers to be crazy in Fayetteville. Then it occurred to me that there were drivers from ALL over the country all slammed into one town trying desperately to cling to the style of driving that was common to their places of origin.

I think Fayetteville is a bleak, depressing place. It's nothing like Madison, that's for sure.
No where near being a Madison.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:42 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,264 times
well, although an old post, way to settle this person's fears about moving to fayetteville!!!!
ha,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina