Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:01 PM

55 posts, read 100,585 times

Advertisements

Fayetteville is one of the (perhaps ONLY) cities in North Carolina that I make sure to keep my doors locked when I drive thru there. My husband was stationed there a few years back and I was absolutely thrilled when he finished his enlistment and we could move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 05:43 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrm97 View Post
Fayetteville is one of the (perhaps ONLY) cities in North Carolina that I make sure to keep my doors locked when I drive thru there. My husband was stationed there a few years back and I was absolutely thrilled when he finished his enlistment and we could move.

Ever been to Jacksonville?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:47 PM

30 posts, read 132,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrm97 View Post
That is way too exaggerated...

I have been here in Fayetteville for 12 years and I have never been afraid... It is true that I stay away from bad areas, nightclubs, and Walmart, but the city in general is not that bad.

You can make your stay in Fayetteville as pleasant or as horrific as you want, that's all.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 PM

572 posts, read 1,610,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
Ever been to Jacksonville?
I grew up in Fayetteville and work occasionally in the Jacksonville area and the only difference in the two is the size and population. They both suck equally but Fayetteville just spreads the misery over a larger area.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 PM

572 posts, read 1,610,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallarios View Post
That is way too exaggerated...

I have been here in Fayetteville for 12 years and I have never been afraid... It is true that I stay away from bad areas, nightclubs, and Walmart, but the city in general is not that bad.

You can make your stay in Fayetteville as pleasant or as horrific as you want, that's all.
LOL at living in a city where the Walmart isn't safe.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:08 PM

983 posts, read 3,986,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
LOL at living in a city where the Walmart isn't safe.
Just the one on Skibo...the rest are OK.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:36 PM

174 posts, read 313,157 times
There are worst places in NC. But fayetteville is pretty bad for ADULTS.

I grew up there and think it's a pretty good place for kids. The schools are descent and in my opinion the school System isn't corrupt like Charlotte for example. For me it was perfect for people who care only about money and fancy things. Cost of living is low there so it's easier to live the "good life" there. But if you are more cultured,,ie like the arts, music, or more eclectic things then stay away from here. There's nothing eclectic about fayetteville.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 16,494 times
you really are a sad individual to make a judgement about a place you looked up to answer the question ...im not military or a bible thumper and i love it here...as far as neighborhoods go gates four is nice but so is haymount, raconda, van story hills, a lot of eastover, murray hill, hunnington, the whole back half of sky drive....etc.....its not beverly hills but that is thousands of people that live in high end neighborhoods that are well out of military paygrade..so its what you want to know or what you put into fayetteville,nc depends on what you get out of fayetteville,nc ...there are concerts,sporting events, plays, and a ton of other things..but your right raleigh has a lot more including double the robberies and rapes and murders and low income housing...etc...fayetteville in my opinion is a great place to live.and as far as military goes im proud there here and thankful..and if its good enough for them to live it good enough for me....the all american city...

Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 PM

7 posts, read 43,289 times
Default Fayetteville makes Fodor's list IF :

I spent a (thankfully) brief time in Fayettenam (the town adjacent to Ft Braggistan) Let me set the record straight : Fayetteville, NC makes Fodor's List of top 10 places to visit if you :
1) Are seeking to get a Tattoo ( approximately 1 tattoo artist per 1,000 people ) not a bad ratio - in fact the town constantly opens up new parlors on the weekly.
2 ) Are looking to catch a STD - Bragg Blvd ( the main drag is literally world-famous for this
3) Always had the urge to find out about "the birds and the bees" from a 50 year old Korean Grandma in one of the many Asian "relaxation places"
4) Want to see a live re-enactment of "Bum Fights" - featuring GI Joe
Other than that its "Mayberry meets SouthCentral LA". Lots of homeless vets, drunk drivers at ALL hours of the day and night and many many women lined up to marry the first grunt that makes eyes at them. For them its called a "ticket out of town". Noone that lives here actually likes it; they just pass through life with some dazed acceptance of their existence and a glazed look in their eye. I ve seen the same look in the eyes of jail inmates. It screams "Get me out of here or take my life, either way is doing me a favor. Fayetteville is full of mindless, uneducated folk who lack ambition and a zest for life. If they had any willpower they would pack up and move in any direction as fast as they could. As for the ones that are involuntarily stationed here, some commit suicide if they can't get the transfer they seek. Oh, and PTSD, alcoholism and depression are rampant and often people are seen with a grin plastered on their face because they are often on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Locals have an "easy-come,easy-go" attitude to newcomers and often amuse themselves watching the despair of those who find themselves here against their will. Its the Sado-Masochist capital of the Good Ole USA.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:57 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
WOW so much drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina