Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 12:34 PM

4 posts, read 25,189 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

After doing lots of reading on this forum, I have some questions. I'm moving to FT Bragg next month and I'm starting to narrow my search to Aberdeen and Southern Pines based of everyone's reactions and suggestions regarding Fayetteville.

My husband will be assigned to Ft Bragg and I don't want him to have to have an hour commute just because I'm scared of being mugged or robbed haha. Is it possible to enter the post from the west end?

Google maps says it takes 55 minutes to get from Aberdeen/Southern Pines to Ft Bragg. How long does it really take?

Thanks much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 6,051 times
Hello,

Yes, you can get to Fort Bragg through a back gate, it's off of Connecticut, and it definately makes for a shorter commute. Still long than some want, but shorter than going around. From most parts of Aberdeen and Southern Pines, I'd say the commute to the main part of Fort Bragg would be 35-50 minutes. It's a great drive, scenic, very little traffic.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:42 PM

3 posts, read 9,084 times
Agree with previous poster. I lived in Hyland Hills (just north of Southern Pines on US1, and my commute to the XVIII Airborne Hqs ran 23-27 minutes).

Old 10-23-2010, 04:49 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
I can drive to Ft Bragg from Jackson Springs (10 miles West of Southern Pines) in about 45 Minutes. We have neighbors assigned to Ft. Bragg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina