Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:49 PM
SMW

20 posts, read 66,588 times

Advertisements

Donsabi - check your contract to list the house. There is probably a clause that says if your agent is not performing the promises listed in it, you can terminate the contract early provided it's in writing to the manager or whatever. It may something about giving them a chance to remedy the situation also.

I don't think it should be incumbant upon you to stick around during showings and do the job you're paying someone else to do unless you're taking a % of the commission back for your sales efforts.

NC has been experiencing a very hot market with all the people moving there, many with cash in hand. I'm sure subpar agents have been able to be less than average and perhaps a little lazy because the houses were practically selling themselves. The emerging buyer's market will separate the men from boys IMO. Good luck, and don't be afraid to speak up and demand the services you were promised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2006, 06:20 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
SMW,
Thanks for the info. I will check it out.
Don

Old 08-20-2006, 08:17 PM

483 posts, read 1,567,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Samohtal,
IMO, it is better for the seller not to interact with a perspective buyer, but if I cannot rely on the real estate agents to sell as they should I will get involved.
Don
I know when we had our house listed, my agent told me to direct all questions to him if I was approached by anyone wanting to see the house and didn't call the agent's office. I do agree 100% with having to avoid any potential buyers from asking questions. Whenever I had a private showing, I would wait until they showed up, then I would walk out of the house and just wait outside until they were done. This way, if the potential buyers had any questions, I could answer them, provided they were ones directed to the house and not anything to do with the price, etc. You tend to get a feeling of what questions you feel comfortable answering.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:37 AM

295 posts, read 1,297,597 times
Any thoughts on time of year to sell. My house has been listed for just under three weeks and it hasn't even been shown once. We did have an open house last Sunday and the realtor told me three people walked through.

I live in a nice suburb of Buffalo and knew the market wasn't booming, but didn't think there would be this level of quiet. I travel all the time, so the house is easy to show when I'm gone via the lockbox, but none so far.

I thought I was getting it listed toward the end of the buying season, but in time for people that want to move in time for school to start. It would seem that its a little late for school, but hopefully it picks up again. If it drags to the winter, it could be a long one. This is my first time selling, so I have no idea what I'm in for and it makes it kind of tough to time the move when I'm looking at houses in NC.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:52 PM

483 posts, read 1,567,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
Any thoughts on time of year to sell. My house has been listed for just under three weeks and it hasn't even been shown once. We did have an open house last Sunday and the realtor told me three people walked through.

I live in a nice suburb of Buffalo and knew the market wasn't booming, but didn't think there would be this level of quiet. I travel all the time, so the house is easy to show when I'm gone via the lockbox, but none so far.

I thought I was getting it listed toward the end of the buying season, but in time for people that want to move in time for school to start. It would seem that its a little late for school, but hopefully it picks up again. If it drags to the winter, it could be a long one. This is my first time selling, so I have no idea what I'm in for and it makes it kind of tough to time the move when I'm looking at houses in NC.
The most popular time to list is just when the winter season is ending. Many like to start the process of looking around the March/April timeframe and then be able to select a home by the May timeframe, just in time to move in during the summer before the school season begins. The slowest time of the market is before the holidays and thru the winter season. But then again, if you price your house right, you may end up getting a really good buyer along the way. It's all a matter of timing. I wish you the best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: