Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 03:03 PM

18 posts, read 44,554 times

Advertisements

Hello, North Carolina, my wife and I are from UPSTATE NY, Herkimer county....farms, some good things , some bad. When my Wife and I grew up in Herkimer, it was a small town flavor, where people knew people and genuinely cared about their neighbors. This is what we are seeking. Work has left the area ,and the ability to find a decent job has changed. We've read many postings on this site and seen the positive and negative on us folks here in NY State and thngs down your way. We've met many folks from down South and have always enjoyed how we've been treated. We are considering relocating to the South.
I work in the medical field as a medical assistant/ non-invasive cardiac tech.
My Wife works for a not-for -profit organization.
We have three children, ages 13,11, and 8
We enjoy gardening,camping,traveling,music,baking, and cooking
We are Christians.
My wife and I are not interested in enormous homes, we tend to lean to the practical.
We are friendly, not uptight, or concerned with having the best of everything, or marching in and telling someone else how to live. (We like what we seen, so why fix what isn't broken?) We have even thought about Southern Virginia...Bottom line, we're growing weary of snow, what seems to be an increase of crime, and wanting to raise our children around decent folks. We also want to give our children the chance to have the opportunities for decent employment. We live in a very depressed area, which means that a lower standard of living for our children, if we stay here. We would welcome input from people who reside in the Northern most part of N.C., and the Southern most part of VA. Any relocated upstaters, too. Thank you all, for your time and guidance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 05:58 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,674,315 times
We relocated from Saratoga County to Winston-Salem in '96, and have never once looked back.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:06 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,517,055 times
i have neighbors from upstate and they love it here. we are from NJ and also are happy here. we live on the edge of orange and alamance counties and the homes i feel are still reasonably priced here. there are lots of jobs in the area, especially in the medical field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina