U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 12-04-2010, 12:07 AM
2 posts, read 2,827 times
Reputation: 10


HI guys today I really do need ur help.
Honestly i am california resident, but i moved to North Carolina (i do really love NC and people here) and bought a car from there. Kinda personal reason so i moved back to California with my car (of course with NC registration for my car). When I try to figure out how much do I need to pay for my renewal registration fee for the outstate carof california state, it really makes me hurts :

Current Registration: 31.00
Current California Highway Patrol: 22.00
Current Vehicle License Fee: 215.00
Current County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies Fee: 1.00
Current Fingerprint ID Fee: 1.00
Current Auto Theft and/or DUI Crime Deterrence Program: 1.00
Current Abandoned Vehicle Fee: 1.00
Current Air Quality Management District: 6.00
Current South Coast Air Basin: 1.00
Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee: 3.00
Use/Sales Tax: 1,636.00
Non-Resident Original Service Fee: 18.00
Reflectorized License Plate Fee: 1.00
Current Registration Penalty: 30.00
CHP Penalty: 30.00
Current Vehicle License Fee Penalty: 86.00
Use/Sales Tax Penalty: 164.00

Total Registration Fees: $447.00

Total Use/Sales Tax (includes credit paid to another state): $1,000.00

Grand Total Registration Fees: $1,447.00

Any idea how to help me saving money ? I really do love North Carolina Car Plate so cool I wanna keep it but how can i do that if car is in CA ? Thks for ur help .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 25,783,147 times
Reputation: 7812
Still have an NC license? It's cheaper to drive back ??

Lookie here...

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 11:53 AM
3,071 posts, read 8,208,003 times
Reputation: 2073
If you know someone in-statr have them go in and renew your registration for you and mail you the sticker.

That's what I did when I was out-of-state for 3 yrs.

I think you may also need to have the car registered at an in-state address though. Or at the address on your NC drivers license if you have one. The address on my registration and on my drivers license was for my mother's house.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top