Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 04:51 PM

5 posts, read 10,568 times

Advertisements

I strongly disagree with avoiding Durham 27703. I have lived in this area for 2 years with no family or close friends nearby. I have felt safer here than in most cities I have stayed. I am approximately 2 miles from Raleigh, and 4 minutes from Brier Creek shopping. For 3 months I didnt need to venture further than 10 miles from my house for anything. We had one incident in 2 years with a tenant in my townhouse complex (which also has 1 bedrooms) and he was evicted the same night of the incident. I am a single female but not caucasian. The neighbors have been just great, we make it a point to introduce ourselves to new neighbors to make them feel welcome. We look out for one another and I feel very much "at home" here in this area. I cannot speak for the other zip codes but I love it here. I have considered moving due to a slight change in my financial situation but could not find anything else-even at cheaper prices-that compared to 27703/RTP. Definitely do your research, good luck with finding a "perfect" zip code.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:34 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
WRAZ was off topic. Didn't answer the OP's question whatsoever. The OP was asking about Goldsboro, not Raleigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garth View Post
You said it well, WRAZ. Thank you for your astute observation and well-penned answer for the op. +1 on your Rep points.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,999 times
Right on Special Guest. I agree with everything you say, however if this young lady is 18 then she is still learning. If she hasn't been exposed to educated or decent or hardworking people of other races, she may be living with the attitudes she was taught growing up. I grew up in the segregated south and in a segregated orphanage and was never saw people of other races and was afraid of them, until, I ended up going to a public high school during desegregation. There were so called race riots during this time but I found that blacks and white alike stayed in class rooms and did not riot, all of us thinking the people rioting (black and white) were idiots. That was my first exposure to black people and realized - hey - they are just like us good and bad. My advice (unsolicited) to this young person is to treat people as individuals - regardless of race. Racism is due to a lazy mind. Consider the character of each person you meet.

Last edited by poodlehappy; 11-21-2011 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: error in wording

Old 11-21-2011, 06:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
mod note:
The OP has not posted in 11 months, I assume she has made her moving decision
Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina