U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 04:49 PM

196 posts, read 555,142 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with this apt. complex/surrounding area? My husband is reporting to Bragg early April (we are currently in TX)...i don't know NC at all....I've read that fayetteville & spring lake are somewhat dangerous... i'm hoping this apt. complex is a safer part of town.

i'm probably going to need to secure an apt. sight unseen....if anyone has info on good apts relatively close to base (1 bedroom, pet friendly) i would appreciate any/all advice.

thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM

21,093 posts, read 26,698,104 times
Might find some insight here..

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=26350120

Old 01-11-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
hi...that link doesn't lead to anything ?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:05 PM

21,093 posts, read 26,698,104 times
hmmmmm....

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=26354252

If this one is dead, type Spring Lake in the search ....

Old 01-12-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
hmmmmm....

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=26354252

If this one is dead, type Spring Lake in the search ....
ok thanks...i 've been looking thru posts mentioning spring lake but i didn't see anything about this particular apt. complex. hoping someone knows about it....

Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM

11,115 posts, read 17,742,109 times
May be best to go with the rental websites such as www.apartmentguide.com Or go to the Chamber of Commerce website for Fayetteville etc.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:13 AM

9 posts, read 28,951 times
Spring Lake is awful. I lived in Rivers edge for a little over a year and while i personally never had any bad experiences a lot of cars got broken into and i know a few people who's apartments did as well. Its a pretty trashy area, and their are definitely parts of Fayetteville that are way better. I would suggest looking into Complexes either on cliffdale or Morganton Rd. They're very close to the base and some of them are really nice. You could also look into Hope Mills, if a 15/20 min commute in the afternoons doesn't bother your husband. Nice area....just a little more of a drive b/c of traffic in the afternoons.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:56 PM

4,237 posts, read 23,189,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMA88 View Post
Spring Lake is awful. I lived in Rivers edge for a little over a year and while i personally never had any bad experiences a lot of cars got broken into and i know a few people who's apartments did as well.
Really? Isn't Rivers Edge the gated apartment on 210? I would have thought that was one of the better areas of Spring Lake. Not like downtown Spring Lake which is as ghetto as you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricemendo View Post
Is anyone familiar with this apt. complex/surrounding area? My husband is reporting to Bragg early April (we are currently in TX)...i don't know NC at all....I've read that fayetteville & spring lake are somewhat dangerous... i'm hoping this apt. complex is a safer part of town.

I'm probably going to need to secure an apt. sight unseen....if anyone has info on good apts relatively close to base (1 bedroom, pet friendly) i would appreciate any/all advice.

thanks.
I'm not familiar with the apartment complex, but I do happen to know that part of Spring Lake area has a lot of low class people living there. Also some crime back in there as well. Not a place I'd want to be. If I were you and want to live in Spring Lake, look into the Deerfield subdivision. It's just north of Vass Rd (hwy 690) right off Bragg blvd. (hwy 87). Not sure if you're solely after an apartment but some of the houses are rentals, however most of the people in Deerfield are older retired folks. Most of the houses are 20 + years old. I lived there in two different houses.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:15 AM

30 posts, read 126,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricemendo View Post

i'm probably going to need to secure an apt. sight unseen....if anyone has info on good apts relatively close to base (1 bedroom, pet friendly) i would appreciate any/all advice.

thanks.
Spring Lake is quite depressing, although it is true that is super close to post. I would try to find an apartment in Fayetteville. I have posted this before, but there are very nice and safe apartment complexes in the Morganton or Cliffdale Rd areas.

Good luck!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:36 AM

15 posts, read 80,460 times
Having looked around the fayetteville area, i would not recommend staying in that area. Some communities are gated, but once you leave the gate it's a battle field. Seriously people drive like blind old senior citizens. Also check out www.spotcrime.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina