Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2006, 02:13 PM

145 posts, read 849,561 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the Hickory area and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the area.
We will have to rent for 3 mos.
Is it expensive to live on one of the lakes in that area?
Any information on taxes, etc would be greatly appreciated.
I have never been there, except to work in Charlotte a few times.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2006, 10:16 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattiv View Post
I will be moving to the Hickory area and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the area.
We will have to rent for 3 mos.
Is it expensive to live on one of the lakes in that area?
Any information on taxes, etc would be greatly appreciated.
I have never been there, except to work in Charlotte a few times.
Thanks in advance!
Hickory is a nice city, plain and simple. It isnt growing at the rate of Mooresville, but still its growing. And not too fast either, which is a good thing, the city seems to keep up with its growth. Hwy 70 where most commercial businesses and restraunts are runs directly thru the city is a tad congested at the worst times of day, but not nearly anything like Mooresville or Huntersville. Hickory has its own mall, two story mall called Valley Hills. Lake Hickory, well Im not too sure about the prices for homes, but if I had to bet Id say its cheaper than Lake Norman, plus Lake Hickory is quieter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina