Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,947 times

Advertisements

Currently live in Nj. Very expensive! Would like a house ranging from 250-300k with great schools and a diverse Christian environment. What's your opinion of North Carolina? Any recommendations of towns with lots of stores and restaurants? Not to mention kid activities. Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 05:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Look at larger cities like Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh. The criteria is very general and broad. Schools are by counties (there are a few exceptions) and schools within each county can vary greatly.

What constitutes a "diverse" christian environment?

Old 01-06-2011, 05:22 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,019,987 times
Quote:
Should I relocate to North Carolina?
Do you have a job lined up? If not, you really should before you make this decision.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:22 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
There are many threadsw addressing the issue you mention, but nobody can tell you whether you "should" move anywhere--only you know your personal situation and whether it would work. But as said above, don't come without a job. There are dozens of places that would meet the criteria you mention; you'll need to narrow it down more than that. How is it you've narrowed it down to NC but not to a particular city? Do you know anything about the state at all? If not, you should go to the City-Data homepage (or another refernece point) and research the state as a whole and then individual cities where your industry might have jobs.

NC is great for some people, fine for others, and others moved here, hated it, and moved back "home". A bunch of strangers on the Internet will never be able to tell you whether you "should" move somewhere. That's for you to ascertain after you research first general facts and geography, then specific questions about specific areas.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:38 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,471,308 times
Well I don't know, should you?!

.....You are the only one that can make that decision and I strongly suggest you visit several times, and have a job lined up before making it.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:24 AM

42 posts, read 71,140 times
In my opinion, North Carolina is a great place to live, the larger cities will offer you more of what you are looking for in schools and shopping, kids events etc. There is a website www.ncreports.org that will help with schools. We moved here from Boston to a community outside of greensboro, and it turned out to be wonderful experience, my kids blossomed here.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:45 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,095,324 times
I've always thought of Charlotte as having more Christians. I may be wrong. It might be because I went to a wedding there, and many people, including the minister, all strangers, kept asking me what church I went to.

Does City-Data.com have data anywhere on religious beliefs in different cities?

"Diverse Christian" is a very interesting term. Does "diverse" mean Baptist, Lutheran, etc.? Or Christians of different colors, backgrounds, and lifestyles? Or does it mean you don't want to live in an area of non-believers, Jewish people, or Muslims?

This is considered the Bible Belt, so you most likely will find what you are seeking with little problem.

Please share what you mean exactly.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:01 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,292,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwarm View Post
There is a website www.ncreports.org that will help with schools.
I think this is supposed to say NC School Report Cards.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:04 AM

9 posts, read 27,443 times
Good advice I am trying to move with my husband in NC we are both in restaurant industry do you think it 's better to find a job before moving which area will be better for us job and rent thank for any advice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina