Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,545 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I have been proposed to relocate to North Carolina because of my job. I am an Office Manager. I would like to know if anyone (please) could answer couple of questions regarding North Carolina.

1. What are the best cities/towns to live there?
Because I am already looking forward in buying either a house or condo.

2. How is the weather ? My biggest concern is the hurricane, I've looked on other post and I saw that someone had the same concern. I just want to know how is it comparing to New York that where I will be coming from.

3. Are there a lot of job apportunities for office admin. Also, what are the average salary for an office Manager there with 5yrs of experience lets say.

4. Is there lots of Auto Body Shop around ? I've heard that people usually would just send back to the dealers.
* The owner of a Big Body Shop is thinking of moving there to open one and I would work in the office.
* My concern is that....I don't know if Body Shops makes lots of money like it does here in New York. Despite the volume of cars in New York I would still want to know any information you would provide me so that I could make my decision.

Thank you so much for your attention,

Flavia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 09:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Where in the state there so many great locations it really depends on what suits you best
From the mountains, Foothills, Piedmont, Sandhills, to the Coastal Plain.
Towns like mayberry to metro areas like Charlotte.

Hurricanes come with warnings it best to adhere to them but the winters are mild to what you are use to. A bitter cold winter here is when the temperature drops to 30 degrees lol. So yeah sale those that heavy snow stuff.

I really cant answer to much on the body shop buisness but the suburb of charlotte I live in it pretty much relative new city and there is lack of body shops that are not part of a dealership but there got to be a need due to all the traffic boo boo's.

I think finding office admin work in this area probably will be easy especially any metro area from Asheville, Greensboro, Winston Salem, Raleigh Durham, Charlotte & Wilmington. For office adminstration it would depend on your skills what level you are seeking and type of admin you will be doing. I would say between ball park of 22k to 47k. this link gives you estimate figures for each posistion
http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/l...1&1.x=31&1.y=5

Old 07-20-2007, 08:36 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
Most body work is done by dealers. There are some family-owned places, basically people with a busines spermit to work on their property and they are usually natives who have done it for a long time.

Only one hurricane has been recorded in Charlotte and that was Hugo in 1989. We are 4 hours west of the ocean so it really isn't much of a concern. Obviously, the closer to the ocean, the more you have to worry about.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:44 AM

25 posts, read 153,267 times
NC is a funny state. Same all over, but diverse at the same time. In terms of cities, you got:
- Wilmington at the coast
- Asheville in the mountains
- and Greensboro somewhere in between, which I like as it's not too big but not too small and yet has everything you need.

Whether you'll like it here depends on your personal taste, and in my oppinion, where you're from. A lot of northerners have been here, tried it and gone back. While a lot of people from Florida seem to like it better than their home state.

The weather, again, depends on where in NC you'll be. Hurricanes are only really a worry if you live at the coast. It's usually warm/hot and humid, and winters are generally mild, unless you're in the mountains.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,311 times
I also am faced with moving to the Charlotte area. Any info on schools and the best neighborhoods would be greatly appreciated. I would like to have some land we are coming from having a 5 bedroom home on 20 acres in Ohio.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina