Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 AM

3 posts, read 4,673 times

Advertisements

We're looking at Charlotte, NC but is Gastonia a better place to live? Apartment w
How are the food prices between the two. I'm looking to move in June...Thanks And if you have more information its appreciated.
I've researched the weather, don't mind that.
But what are rent prices for 2/2? We are taking a trip there next month so researching will be a little easier.
We are looking for great elementary schools in these areas. I have been in accounting for the past 10 years and will be looking for a career in it.
We're excited to move I wish i could just talk to someone who could give me some good information.
Again, thanks for replying

Last edited by iu8uuufi8uguRJIJIJJFIJIKu; 02-12-2011 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: did some research
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 11:37 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,391,677 times
Gastonia is Blue Collar. It's much cheaper in Gastonia than Charlotte and Gastonia has a ton of great shopping. Lots and lots of stores. It's just blue collar people who predominately live there; thats not to say that there aren't very nice neighborhoods and such.

I can't say which Elementary schools are great, but I would look into the same school district as Forest View High School.

Belmont and McAdenville are great places to live. Very family oriented, nice, etc. It's not "Gastonia" but Gastonia is where you would do all your shopping/playing if you live in Gaston County. Charlotte right down the road but I wouldn't do the typical walmart/Target/movie theatre/grocery shopping, etc. in Charlotte for the sheer fact that West Charlotte doesn't really have a place where everything is in the same area. (In Gastonia, everything is all in one area along Highway 74. Everything. Tons of stores for all your needs)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina