U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 10,314 times

Advertisements

Hello, I got a ticket last week on a expired registration and inspection tag. I have a court date set for next month. I have since completed the registration, inspection and all that. My insurance on the vehicle was intact. I have 2 optinos, pay the fine+court fees via mail and skip the court visit or go to the court and I might still end up paying the fine+court fees. Question: Is it really worth going to the court house for this matter? I understand that this is non-moving violation so will not impact insurance points etc.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 11:50 AM

9,672 posts, read 28,041,146 times
I think when this happened to my wife she went to court and just had to walk up to a desk and show proof of registration and inspection and they dropped the fines. It was a pretty quick process if I recall. Fairly routine and didn't take much time.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:06 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,233,331 times
go to court- more than likely, it will be dropped.

i had the same happen to me when i was younger- got it fixed and everything was dropped... and last year hubby got a ticket for expired license down at the beach at a checkpoint, went to court- it was dropped - no fees or fines or anything....

Old 03-03-2011, 07:11 AM

61 posts, read 243,415 times
You can go to the Wake County Court House before your court date and get in line at the
Magistrate's kiosk. I think the kiosk is only open after 2pm, show the Magistrate your ticket and renewed registration. There is a good chance they will just drop it, with no fines or court cost. That's what happened for me last year when I got ticket for expired tags on my motorcycle.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:22 AM

245 posts, read 865,556 times
Years ago my son got a ticket for an expired registration. I had actually renewed it for him but forgot to give it to him to put in his car (not sure why it didn't show up when the cop pulled up his data in the little computer systems they have in the police cars). We went to the magistrate's office (in Cabarrus Cty) prior to court and showed the ticket and the renewed registration and everything got dropped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina