Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 03:10 PM

904 posts, read 2,863,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakama22 View Post
Hi I too am looking to relocate to NC. I am looking for an Accountant/Auditor position, can you provide any suggestions while searching. I currently live in Michigan but really would like to move south. Any help is mich appreciated.
I will say it is difficult. As an auditor you will have it a little easier than my husband did as a controller. Be persistent. Contact Robert Half in the area you choose to live in and any other recruiter you can find. (Robert Half in Charlotte is useless, though.) Stay on top of them. Call each once a week and keep an eye out on Monster, Career Builder, etc.

Be prepared to spend your own money coming for interviews. We only had one company pay us back for our trip. That was a second interview. It was not the job we ended up getting.

Be aware that a majority of companies do not want to hire someone from out of state. Some say it on the job posting, others tell the recruiter. We were one of the final two candidates on three jobs. All three chose a local over us. The job we ended up getting was an international company. I wonder if that's the reason we got a chance.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 06:30 PM

222 posts, read 688,781 times
This is a side note: I just thought I would pass this along. (I hope I am allowed to post this if not I am sorry). This is an email I received. Don't know if it will help anyone or not. I deleted the phone number. IM me if you would like to request it. Not a recruiter, just sharing. Thanks

My name is Kraig Kluge with DasErte, Ltd. (DasErte Limited). We specialize in contract placement of Mortgage Professionals. We are a Tier 1 vendor through the WFHM TSMS vendor management system. We are partnered up with WFHM and currently conducting a search to identify qualified candidates for contract openings. We can pay $16/hr. and the position below starts "urgent" on January 28th, 2008. If you want to apply for this position please send me your resume and I will call you immediately to talk about getting your resume submitted. Thanks and I will look forward to your feedback.

Job Description:
Performs all processing, decision, and pre-closing tasks required to manufacture a loan in compliance with company standards and best practices from point of application to Submission to underwriting. Process loan files verifying accuracy of documents received. Order required credit reports, appraisals and other documentation to complete loan files. Results must comply with measurable franchise standards in areas of customer satisfaction, speed and efficiency of file delivery to the closing area. 2 years mortgage banking experience.

All requested temporaries will need to begin the first week 8:00am to 5:00pm for training. Thereafter, shifts available are:
8:00am to 5:00pm
9:00am to 6:00pm
10:00am to 6:30pm (1/2hr lunch)

All temporaries will need to be available to work one (1) Saturday per month (3rd or 4th Saturday), 9:00am to 5:30pm depending on business needs.
As you identify candidates, please double check their previous WF placement/employment history as this request is for a 3-6 month commitment. Also provide information as to which shift each candidate is available to work.

Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715

Thanks,

Kraig Kluge
DasErte, Ltd.
7825 Washington Avenue South, Suite 745
Bloomington, MN 55439
kkluge@daserte.com
DasErte Limited

Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 AM

870 posts, read 3,514,121 times
HR jobs are difficult to find all over the place. There are more qualified people than jobs. Accounting/Auditing are also tough to find unless you have the right qualifications. Most companies are looking for CPA or CIA with some sort of industry and public background. Public accounting firms are desperate for people here in Charlotte.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:39 PM

5,978 posts, read 19,827,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
HR jobs are difficult to find all over the place. There are more qualified people than jobs. Accounting/Auditing are also tough to find unless you have the right qualifications. Most companies are looking for CPA or CIA with some sort of industry and public background. Public accounting firms are desperate for people here in Charlotte.
Here's a link on Monster today for a compensation analyst in Charlotte:
US-NC-Charlotte-Sr. Compensation Analyst

I think public is having a hard time filling positions since their consulting positions are road warrior types (up to 100% travel in most cases) and most people have families and won't want to travel this much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina