Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:16 PM

9 posts, read 27,273 times

Advertisements

I want to relocate to NC in 2008. I currently live in NY. I am a Human Resources Administrator and I am finding it rather hard to locate positions in NC. Most of the positions are temp. Where are the jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 09:30 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2NC2008 View Post
I want to relocate to NC in 2008. I currently live in NY. I am a Human Resources Administrator and I am finding it rather hard to locate positions in NC. Most of the positions are temp. Where are the jobs?
The Triangle Area (Raleigh,Durham, Chapel Hill) and Charlotte are your best bets.

There are tons of NY,NJ,CA transplants in both areas. Some job fields are very competetive with so many folks moving into the area.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,954 times
Default Where are the jobs????? :0(

I am also from NYC looking to relocate to Concord, NC. I am also in Human Resources and I am not finding any work on line either. I am talking with friends and family in the area and they all say that Charlotte has jobs but I have not found any HR jobs on any of the websites I have visited. Any advice anyone could give would be awesome and much appreciated.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:45 PM

932 posts, read 1,272,777 times
As a former HR manager- I can tell you the BEST place to find jobs (if you're not in the area and don't have contacts) is to go through a specific company's website, and use the local paper classifieds ( often you can view it online for free)

Charlotte and Raleigh will have more opportunities than most Coastal places ( Wish this wasn't the case, I would LOVE to move to the beach! lol)

Old 01-19-2008, 03:28 AM

9 posts, read 27,273 times
Thank you for your response. I have gone the route of looking for jobs on company specific websites and to no avail. I do see plenty of temp positions, however, most are for immediate hire and states that only local candidate need apply. I have not given up hope yet!

Old 01-19-2008, 01:08 PM

904 posts, read 2,872,735 times
My husband looked for over 9 months for an accounting position. We found a lot of local companies will only hire someone local. We used 4 different recruiters and search in several different areas. It was discouraging and expensive to keep driving from Florida to NC for interviews. Finally, it all paid off last month and we are happily here. Good luck

Old 01-20-2008, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
My husband looked for over 9 months for an accounting position. We found a lot of local companies will only hire someone local. We used 4 different recruiters and search in several different areas. It was discouraging and expensive to keep driving from Florida to NC for interviews. Finally, it all paid off last month and we are happily here. Good luck
Hi I too am looking to relocate to NC. I am looking for an Accountant/Auditor position, can you provide any suggestions while searching. I currently live in Michigan but really would like to move south. Any help is mich appreciated.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:31 PM

44 posts, read 167,839 times
My fiance and i are looking to possibly move to western NC in 2010. what about RN/nursing jobs? are they hard to come by? would it be too hard to find a nursing job?

Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
try the North Carolina Employment Security The Employment Security Commission of North Carolina

Old 01-22-2008, 01:11 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess83 View Post
My fiance and i are looking to possibly move to western NC in 2010. what about RN/nursing jobs? are they hard to come by? would it be too hard to find a nursing job?
Nurses are in great demand - here - and all over the USA. Check out the HR section on any hospital site - nurses are needed. You can choose your setting - physician offices, clinics, hospitals, nursing homes.

You have nothing to worry about as far as getting good jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina