Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,519 times

Advertisements

To rent or buy a house try MilitarybyOwner.com - Real Estate near U.S. Military Bases Just like any place in the world it is as good as the people that live here make it. It is small town; therefore the cost of living is low. The mountains and the beach are fairly close. The town is very diverse and cultural actually! Best luck to you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 06:54 PM

28 posts, read 173,853 times
Yeah, I'm not too fond of Fayetteville either. The nicest area I know of out there are some of the houses out by Methodist University. Hope Mills is your best bet and it's not too far from Fort Bragg. Obviously, it's more of a commute than living right inside Fayetteville, but it's worth the drive, believe me. My kids went to school out there and the majority of them are absolute crap. Only thing I liked about it is they have the Choice School program so kids don't have to attend their district school. I pulled mine from their district school but still could only get them in one rated either 2 or 4 stars (can't remember) by Great schools.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:41 AM

983 posts, read 3,987,981 times
And there's always Eastover/Stedman area. Good schools, good country folk, and easy access to I-295 which will just about take you onto post, with only about a 20 minute commute.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,137 times
Being a lifetime resident of Fayetteville, NC--- I think you have a lot of great options on safe, attractive places to live that have strong neighborhood connections-- plenty of access to amenities near by, and schools committed to good education. I have done business here -- raised my own sons and found their education adequate to set them in thrive mode now as independent and successful business men and fathers. Now, I'm a real member of the welcome brigade and introduce folks, all the time to what Fayetteville has to offer through my career. While some schools test better than others, I find that good students who want to learn and who have parents who are willing to be involved in the school community can shine here. If you want to bloom where you are planted--- Fayetteville is one heck of a place to plant yourself! There are links to the NC School Report Card and lots of additional community info at my website-- You're more than welcome to visit that as another resource.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,928 times
Anyone coming to this area, I would try and find away to not come here at all. This is the armpit of America! So so much crime, rape, people discriminating you because your white. On Christmas people where waiting outside of the mall in the parking lot and would rob you at gun point. I don't care what anyone says about this place nor do I care if your from here. This place has a safe rating of only 3! Look it up if you don't believe me. Oh and Ft. Bragg is the same way. It's a **** hole here I can't believe this is America! It's funny because I always try and make the best of an area but this place sucks! If you go anywhere shopping here with your family, your treated to the gift of people walking into you even if your holding your baby, paints that hang well below there ass. I was holding my new born son walking in the mall and these black guys walked right into me then turned around and asked me if I have a problem? That's how they are here, no education and pick fights with people holding kids. We should have congress declare war on this place and name it "Operation **** Fayetteville"!

Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,985,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuc fayettville View Post
Anyone coming to this area, I would try and find away to not come here at all. This is the armpit of America! So so much crime, rape, people discriminating you because your white. On Christmas people where waiting outside of the mall in the parking lot and would rob you at gun point. I don't care what anyone says about this place nor do I care if your from here. This place has a safe rating of only 3! Look it up if you don't believe me. Oh and Ft. Bragg is the same way. It's a **** hole here I can't believe this is America! It's funny because I always try and make the best of an area but this place sucks! If you go anywhere shopping here with your family, your treated to the gift of people walking into you even if your holding your baby, paints that hang well below there ass. I was holding my new born son walking in the mall and these black guys walked right into me then turned around and asked me if I have a problem? That's how they are here, no education and pick fights with people holding kids. We should have congress declare war on this place and name it "Operation **** Fayetteville"!

Sooooo Why are you still here? If I hated a place so much; I'd leave.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:31 PM

196 posts, read 589,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuc fayettville View Post
You might want to learn how to spell before you complain about anyone's lack of education.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,959 times
Question Fort Bragg Relocation

So I know there are a lot of things I probably could have searched for on here, but most of the ones I have been finding are kind of old looking, so I thought I would give this a shot and try it now.

My husband is going through the process for switching his MOS to psychological operations, he has made his decision and wants to do this, because of this if he passes the PT test and then also gets through the selection by the end of april, I will need to be packed and ready to move to a new location.

Fort Bragg is where we will be heading, as of right now this is still up in the air, but when it all gets figured out it's going to happen very fast, so I need help.

From what I have seen Fort Bragg is near Fayetteville or is in it (?), but I need help with the location to start looking for apartments.

I'd don't really want to worry to much about price range right now I just need to find specific locations since I have never been there.

If anyone can help me with this it would be awesome.

As of right now we are looking for:

- 1-2 bedroom apartments
- Commuting time of less then 30 minutes (hopefully that isn't a far stretch request)
- Animals allowed (We have a cat he is indoor and fixed)
- Not in a sketchy area

I just need help finding a few places, if this all works out, I will be able to go check out these places myself when he is done with selection. Hopefully.

Thank you in advance for your help. It is much appreciated.

Old 02-06-2014, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 4,959 times
So far through looking everywhere I found only two decent looking apartments in our price range and close to post, I think?
They are:
Bone Creek Apartments
7901 Cliffdale Rd., Fayetteville, NC 28314

&

Reserve at Carrington Place Apartments
6511 Lexi Lane, Fayetteville, NC 28314

I like both of them and they both say they are close, not sure how close to a gate they really are. Anyone live in the area? Are the safe?

Old 02-06-2014, 06:10 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie.C View Post
So I know there are a lot of things I probably could have searched for on here, but most of the ones I have been finding are kind of old looking, so I thought I would give this a shot and try it now.......
From what I have seen Fort Bragg is near Fayetteville or is in it (?), but I need help with the location to start looking for apartments.
As of right now we are looking for:

- 1-2 bedroom apartments
- Commuting time of less then 30 minutes (hopefully that isn't a far stretch request)
- Animals allowed (We have a cat he is indoor and fixed)
- Not in a sketchy area
FWIW, the old threads are still relevant, as Fort Bragg is still to the northwest side of Fayetteville.

There is the AHRN - The Automated Housing Referral Network to help you find decent rentals. There is also Militarybyowner.com .

If your husband were located on the south side of Fort Bragg, Hope Mills and Raeford are good areas. If he is on the north side, you might look at Cameron, Vass and Southern Pines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina