Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
"Slower traffic keep right"
And the Speed Limit signs? If someone is the left lane is doing the speed limit, OBEY ALL LAWS, and yes the posted speed limit IS A LAW also!

You do not get to pick and choose the sign you agree with either.

Next time you are following someone in the left lane, and they don't immediately bow to your god given right to not be slowed down or inconvenienced by anyone, dial *HP and report them. Tell them "I am driving west on I40 and give the mile marker, I'm following a car doing 70 and the speed limit is 65, and the bastard won't get out of my way" I'll be interested to hear back how that goes for you.

(good grief this thread is like debating with a 6 year old, wah wah wah.)

Last edited by Asheville Native; 04-07-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 02:40 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,680 times
Just bump draft them a time or 2 and they might yield to ya - on the other hand they may pull out a AK47 and wax you, or you can just go back to where ever your are from and not be bothered with us hideous NC drivers, or stop get out of your car and SCREAM! Or try suicide...........

Old 04-07-2011, 02:41 PM

572 posts, read 1,610,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And the Speed Limit signs? If someone is the left lane is doing the speed limit, OBEY ALL LAWS, and yes the posted speed limit IS A LAW also!

You do not get to pick and choose the sign you agree with either.

Next time you are following someone in the left lane, and they don't immediately bow to your god given right to not be slowed down or inconvenienced by anyone, dial *HP and report them. Tell them "I am driving west on I40 and give the mile marker, I'm following a car doing 70 and the speed limit is 65, and the bastard won't get out of my way" I'll be interested to hear back how that goes for your.

(good grief this thread is like argueing with a 6 year old, wah wah wah.)
I don't recall mentioning the speed limit. I simply stated several times that if two cars are driving on the same road and one wishes to pass the other then the state of NC says pass on the left and the signs on the highway say "slower traffic keep right" to remind people not to block faster moving traffic in the left lane. All these scenarios you keep bringing up only apply when somebody refuses to follow the traffic rules.

If you don't like the rules then lobby the state legislature to change it.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
(good grief this thread is like debating with a 6 year old, wah wah wah.)
Yea silly me for arguing in favor of following NC traffic law.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Paper I thought about your thread when I saw this on the news tonight, since I already posted this and we cannot cross post on this forum, so I quoted the post so you could see how widespread the problem is in the state
And has nothing to do with not immediately bowing to the more important person behind them and immediately getting out of their way, but is directly related to a trucker (perhaps the most courteous driver on the entire planet) failing to properly secure his load.

Nor can we see what is in front of the vehicle pulling the trailer, it might have been a line of cars all traveling safely (going with the flow) that was at least a mile long.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Yea silly me for arguing in favor of following NC traffic law.
Remember the speed limit is also a law. You're special, just like everyone else.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Remember the speed limit is also a law. You're special, just like everyone else.
Nowhere in this thread have I advocated speeding. The topic is and remains slower traffic blocking faster traffic in the left lane and the traffic rules support my opinion.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Nowhere in this thread have I advocated speeding. The topic is and remains slower traffic blocking faster traffic in the left lane and the traffic rules support my opinion.
Nor has anyone complained about people in the left lane driving less than the posted limit, just slower than they wanted to go. Most people in the left lane are driving over the posted limit, and those griping about that obviously want to go even faster yet. That's speeding, and since you are so insistent about "slower traffic keep right" you are advocating speeding.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:40 PM

164 posts, read 357,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Just bump draft them a time or 2 and they might yield to ya - on the other hand they may pull out a AK47 and wax you, or you can just go back to where ever your are from and not be bothered with us hideous NC drivers, or stop get out of your car and SCREAM! Or try suicide...........

I have lived many, many places in this beautiful country of ours. Job relocations help us to see the USA. Big towns and small towns. West Coast and East Coast. I loved it all (Boston had to win me over, but it eventually did).

With that being said, I have never in my life witnessed people like those of North Carolina. Just WANTING to be offended. WANTING to keep out anyone and everyone that was not born in this state. Chip on the shoulder extraordinaire It is so strange. Like they really don’t want to be a part of the USA, as they only want natives to be able to comment on what bothers them.

These boards are proof of this. Go over to the other state boards and you will see people that can take a joke, or a comment that doesn’t bow to the “perfection” of someone’s home state.

NC just seems to be full of people that are terrified of change, open minds and new ideas. Heck, even the mere mention of “this may work better this way” gets the people of NC screaming “Go back to where you came from!” Um, yeah. I am from the USA. I belong here too.

I will say, there are progressive, forward thinking people from NC here that welcome conversation. Even if they don’t agree, they will go back and forth in a mannerly and intelligent way. It’s called conversation.

The whole…”WHAT DID YOU SAY! ? GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!” is odd and lacking in intelligence.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:42 PM

164 posts, read 357,831 times
Quote:
Most people in the left lane are driving over the posted limit, and those griping about that obviously want to go even faster yet.
The left lane is for passing. If you aren't passing, why linger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina