Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,999,303 times

Advertisements

A good primer on NC's climate.

http://cdo.ncdc.noaa.gov/climatenorm...Clim_NC_01.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 06:45 AM

789 posts, read 368,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkemb1568 View Post
We live in Colorado and were thinking about Moving to North Carolina-we do not like humidity and now I am scared!
Coming from Colorado, hopefully you get this: Don't "french fry", when you should "pizza".
Attached Thumbnails
Humidity in NC-nc-humidity.jpg  

Old 07-06-2012, 10:06 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Be scared; be very scared. LOL I moved there in the '80s - in July - during a heat wave - with a car which didn't have AC. I might have thought that I'd died and been sent to a fiery hell, except that it was too humid.

You sort of get used to it after a while, but mostly, you just work around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkemb1568 View Post
We live in Colorado and were thinking about Moving to North Carolina-we do not like humidity and now I am scared! Hot, we are moving because of the snow, hope we can handle HOT. The air quality here is marginal at best (unless in mountains,but we live in Denver)... used to live in Boca Raton from 4-20 so hopefully Iwill enjoy and remember this type of weather and hope it is nicer (although beautiful/Hot and humid as well) any thoughts?.....we are moving because we want to raise our son near beach and in warmer weather...plus we will be back on east coast!

Old 07-10-2012, 03:48 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,719 times
You will be running the AC until the windows sweat!!!
If you like to sweat a lot, you will get 6 months of it.

Start drinking Gatorade now.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:48 AM

24 posts, read 41,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmrn2013 View Post
To add an update to my post, I can back up just how humid it is and give you an example. Today, May 30th, the actual temperature is 91, the humidity is 60 percent, and the heat index is 101. It is very, very hot and this heat only gets worse as the summer progresses. Also, we are not forecast to get rain for the next ten to twelve days and each day the temperatures are going to be well above 90. Sometimes we are inundated with rain and other times it is very dry and we go into severe drought.

We have the humidity that sucks the life out you as well..all you need to do is stand and the sweat drips down your back..so we are blessed with that as well..AND we also have unbearable mosquitos at the same time..so it sounds like the only thing WI has that NC doesnt is.. -10 below and blizzard winters and disgusting nasty mosquitos.

As far as rain and drought that is US wide...in the summer of
2012 we had NO rain for 3 months...

We are looking now at KY its only 10 hrs for my kids to come visit us!~

Old 11-03-2012, 11:05 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,999,303 times
No drought in NC. Currently, 27 of the state's 100 counties are experiencing "abnormally dry" conditions. An update is made every Thursday.

North Carolina Drought Management Advisory Council
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina