Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:32 AM

67 posts, read 639,450 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move down to NC area possible South VA. I just have a few questions and concerns. I come from PA, but lived in NY all my live, moved to PA a little over a year ago. But now I am looking for colleges and a place to move in NC. I know it is hotter in NC than Long Island/PA the heat isn't the bad part its the humidity. What would be the best place for a college student, that wants to stay down in NC. I've did some looking into Raleigh and Charlotte areas but I'm not sure what the best would be so i am looking for what other people think about NC for college students that would like to live there after college.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 02:08 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
Both Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Charlotte are nice places for college and to build careers after. I went to school in Charlotte and stayed afterward for the great jobs and reasonable cost of living. It really depends on what you want to study and where you can get accepted. Apply to the colleges first and then make a decision based on acceptance.
Options to google include:
UNCC (UNC-Charlotte)
UNC (Chapel Hill)
NC State
Duke
Queens University
Pfeiffer University
etc.....

Old 08-05-2007, 06:00 PM

Thanks for the input. I am looking into a few different things that I might want to major in and I'm sure what I really want to do. I am looking into Education for Math/Computers and then a construction trade like carpentry or electrical. And I might minor in accounting. What colleges would you recommend me to look into?

Old 08-05-2007, 06:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Michael View Post
Thanks for the input. I am looking into a few different things that I might want to major in and I'm sure what I really want to do. I am looking into Education for Math/Computers and then a construction trade like carpentry or electrical. And I might minor in accounting. What colleges would you recommend me to look into?
For the degree in construction I would say look at Western Carolina University - southwest of Asheville. This is also a beautiful place to live in and around the mountains.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
For the degree in construction I would say look at Western Carolina University - southwest of Asheville. This is also a beautiful place to live in and around the mountains.
Thanks I was looking at Asheville, how is the humidity there? I don't mind dry heat but the humidity isn't the best for me especial working out side all day.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:13 PM

44 posts, read 200,922 times
There is also a construction degree offered at East Carolina if I remember right. I live in Boone and love the mountains, but Cullowee is pretty much in BFE is its only drawback.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:32 PM

I think I found a few school for construction i would go to. What about for a education degree? Does anyone have ideas on schools for a eduction degree?

Thanks

Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
UNC Charlotte and Chapel Hill are both excellent schools for those seeking to be educators.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:21 PM

Oh okay thanks.

Would you happen to know the SAT scores needed for UNC?

Thank you.
Mike

Old 08-06-2007, 08:59 PM

44 posts, read 200,922 times
You would probably want to be in the 1200 range I am sure..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina