Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,205 times

Advertisements

My girl friend forgot her phone in Dunkin Donuts/Subway (Shared) restroom near Pennsville, South New Jersey. A woman took the Iphone 4 from restroom and when asked she didnt reply about the phone and her friend answered that they did not find it...But ultimately they stole it..They saw my girl friend breaking down and crying but went away from that place. Later Couple of local guys saw that woman holding the Iphone in Subway which wasnt her. I complained to the local police about the incident along with two witnesses. We are very attached to that Iphone since we bought with our first salary..We are now looking for the theif who stole it. Could someone please help me locate the vehicle or direct me any government organization which could help me locate the vehicle owner. NC Vehilce Tag XSZ 3607.. Its a white four door vehicle. A white male was driving the vehicle along with two other white females (one of them has piercing on her face)

Thank you in advance..Please help us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 09:47 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,209,421 times
Try this:

Find My iPhone for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Old 06-15-2011, 10:22 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,494,871 times
Man I really hope you can find it. I can imagine how it must feel to lose such a high value device. I used to have an unlocked iPhone 4 that I paid $780 for and I kept it on me as if it were a part of my body. Probably would have went crazy if I somehow lost it. I don't think the Find My iPhone App will work unless you had installed it prior to losing the phone. I could be wrong though.

The only thing I can suggest is for you to go to the Police with the info you have.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:23 AM

854 posts, read 1,703,146 times
It says they "complained" to the local police. Did they make a police report? It doesn't sound to me like you can prove they took your phone. The only thing the police might do is talk to the registered owner of the car, and ask if they know anything about the missing phone. If they deny it, that's the end of it. Sorry.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:11 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,087 times
Moral of this story...don't buy a $700 phone

Old 06-19-2011, 09:19 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
I'm gonna go with "don't leave your valuables lying around."

Old 06-20-2011, 07:04 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I'm gonna go with "don't leave your valuables lying around."
I'm gonna go with shenanigans. What does this mean: "Later Couple of local guys saw that woman holding the Iphone in Subway which wasnt her"?

How does anyone tell one iPhone from another unless they are physcially holding it and looking at the screen?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:20 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
They literally give phones away...if you must have a smartphone, they are a fraction of $700.

Apple has their marketing down pat. They must make some pretty darn good Cool Aid over there. Drink up!

Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 AM

915 posts, read 1,625,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshmora12 View Post
My girl friend forgot her phone in Dunkin Donuts/Subway (Shared) restroom near Pennsville, South New Jersey. A woman took the Iphone 4 from restroom and when asked she didnt reply about the phone and her friend answered that they did not find it...But ultimately they stole it..They saw my girl friend breaking down and crying but went away from that place. Later Couple of local guys saw that woman holding the Iphone in Subway which wasnt her. I complained to the local police about the incident along with two witnesses. We are very attached to that Iphone since we bought with our first salary..We are now looking for the theif who stole it. Could someone please help me locate the vehicle or direct me any government organization which could help me locate the vehicle owner. NC Vehilce Tag XSZ 3607.. Its a white four door vehicle. A white male was driving the vehicle along with two other white females (one of them has piercing on her face)

Thank you in advance..Please help us
Just a thought - and this might help others on either end of such a situation.
A few years back, I stopped at a large gas station/store combo type place - major stopping place on I-95 as you cross from FL to GA.

Got gas, used the rest room, perused the coffee area but didn't find anything to my liking and headed back to my car, empty handed except for my purse. A woman approached me moments later and said "you have my bag". Honestly, I thought she meant I picked up a bag of groceries or something and I laughed, responding I didn't have anything of hers.

She grew very vocal, demanding I give her her bag (which turned out she was meaning a purse) and I sat there with an astonished look on my face, honestly denying that I had anything of hers (which I didn't).

The situation escalated; she was yelling; people were staring; I told her to get away from my car; she demanded i show her my driver's license; you can only imagine my response; she then sat on the back of my car, preventing me from leaving. A man said he was going in to call the police/she yelled for him to do just that.

At this point, I awoke from a total stupor and grabbed my cell phone and said I would do the exact same. I called the St. Mary's police/911 and told them I had an insane person sitting on my car, refusing to let me go and that I needed a police car there now.

Within a very short time period, the entire area was filled with likely every cop car in St Mary's county. The woman continued to yell her accusations, I explained to the cop who talked to me that I had no idea what she was talking about - gave him a complete rundown on what was happening and told him he was free to pull everything out of my stuffed little mazda miata and search it but that he could repack it afterwards as it had taken me forever to cram all that junk in.

After officers talked to the two of us, keeping us very separated, they told me to just go ahead and continue my trip. I asked if I was going to be pulled over as soon as I left or what because I was not leaving there with any question as to what had just occurred and he told me no , that i should just go on and get out of there. Needless to say, I left, still totally amazed at the accusation and at everything that ensued.

Weirdly enough, when I finally got to Virginia and unpacked my car, I found several dollar bills folded up, laying in back of the driver's seat. My Miata had a tear in the roof directly above that. I knew that I had not placed loose money in my car as I had the top down earlier in the drive and had only put the top up when I went into the gas station.

My assumption? I felt like I had been set up for some sort of scam - whether by the screaming lady assured that i had stolen her purse - or by the guy that went inside to call the police - or by someone who had taken the purse and then set things up to look like something had gone down - the few dollars in the back of the car are beyond me - freakingly scary because I feel like something was in play but I don't know what - I'm not sure I even to this day understand exactly what was going down but apparently my response was not expected and shut the whole thing down. I don't know.

Not to infer you are scamming anyone with what you are saying and not to say the people you suspect took your IPOD didn't do just that, but I know that if that lady in GA actually thought I took her purse, she was totally mistaken. So as much as you think you know exactly who stole what, believe me, I've been the accused and it was insane. Certainly taught me to be quick at the draw with a cell phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina