U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 07:01 AM

164 posts, read 335,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Sorry, but if someone knows they won't be a good mother, why not do everything you can to help them not be one?
I agree with you 100%.

Case in point, the one woman that was sterilized had an IQ of 75. Her MOTHER signed (albeit with an X, since she too was illiterate) the papers to have her low functioning daughter sterilized after she had a child at the age of 14 that she abandoned. She LEFT that child within a year and moved up north somewhere with a different man. Married that man and tried to have a baby at the age of 18. When that did not happen, she went to the doctor and he told her she was sterilized. Her mother never told her. I guess her mother was too busy taking care of the baby she had ABANDONED to start a new life.

The horrible man that she CHOSE to marry and attempted to have children with called her every name in the book when he found out she could not have his child and said she should have died. How nice that she married and wanted to have a child with such scum. Great judgment. Although, she blames the eugenics program for her divorce. Really? The man was an awful person, lady. He said you should have died. They divorced and this woman has since spent her life on welfare. Unable to feed and house herself without the help from our government.

Guess what? She wants money. Oh she wants more than the $20K or so that the state of NC is handing over to these people. I say, the state subtracts every dime of public assistance they have spent RAISING this grown woman from her settlement. I am sure at that point, she will OWE the state of NC

Some people should never, ever have a child. I am sure if you abandon one child, you aren’t deserving of another. I am sure if you can’t feed yourself without assistance, you have no right bringing another mouth into this world for taxpayers to feed.

Perhaps permanent sterilization is taking it a bit too far, but I wish there was a temporary sterilization program right now. Welfare? Can’t feed or take care of the 5 kids you already have (from 5 different father)—Here is your Depo shot if you want your welfare check. No shot, no government money. See ya.

Sick and tired of the political correctness that has ruined this country.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 11:37 AM

10,608 posts, read 21,211,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post

Perhaps permanent sterilization is taking it a bit too far, but I wish there was a temporary sterilization program right now. Welfare? Can’t feed or take care of the 5 kids you already have (from 5 different father)—Here is your Depo shot if you want your welfare check. No shot, no government money. See ya.
I agree with you one trillion percent.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
I agree with you one trillion percent.

I am not a native and have lived all over the country. The one thing about NC that I have notcied is how HARD people work for their money. Many older people are still working in this state. It amazes me to be waited on at a Sears or a grocery store by an elderly person. Such pride, in my opinion...to work hard at that age

Then, the sickening feeling creeps in when I see young welfare mothers hauling multiple children around. Yelling. Smoking. Angry. Pregnant. Cell phones open, children being ignored.

To think the elderly gentleman that just climbed up a ladder to reach something for me is getting his paycheck docked for these people.

And, it isn't race related at all. Many black and white people working at older ages. Many black and white folks taking from the taxpayers.

Again, NC (imo) has so many hard working people. It is sad to see the opposite take and take and take.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:23 PM

3,265 posts, read 2,931,505 times
Haha that old guy's working at Sears so he can keep his heat on in January. He ain't doing it because he loves getting up every morning to sell washing machines.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Haha that old guy's working at Sears so he can keep his heat on in January. He ain't doing it because he loves getting up every morning to sell washing machines.
That old guy could sit home and collect. Just like the lazy, able bodied Baby Machines

But he doesn't.

He chooses to work because he has pride. Many of the people screaming against sterilization wouldn't punch a clock if their life depended on it.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:01 PM

3,265 posts, read 2,931,505 times
Quote:

He chooses to work because he has pride.
Pride, or not eating cat food. Really it's such a fine line. And not much of a choice when you think about it.

Anyway this thread's about the eugenics program, not discussing our authoritarian fantasies for gelding undesirables like something out of The Handmaid's Tale.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:45 AM

700 posts, read 1,552,766 times
Quote:
I agree with you 100%.

Case in point, the one woman that was sterilized had an IQ of 75. Her MOTHER signed (albeit with an X, since she too was illiterate) the papers to have her low functioning daughter sterilized after she had a child at the age of 14 that she abandoned. She LEFT that child within a year and moved up north somewhere with a different man. Married that man and tried to have a baby at the age of 18. When that did not happen, she went to the doctor and he told her she was sterilized. Her mother never told her. I guess her mother was too busy taking care of the baby she had ABANDONED to start a new life.

The horrible man that she CHOSE to marry and attempted to have children with called her every name in the book when he found out she could not have his child and said she should have died. How nice that she married and wanted to have a child with such scum. Great judgment. Although, she blames the eugenics program for her divorce. Really? The man was an awful person, lady. He said you should have died. They divorced and this woman has since spent her life on welfare. Unable to feed and house herself without the help from our government.

Guess what? She wants money. Oh she wants more than the $20K or so that the state of NC is handing over to these people. I say, the state subtracts every dime of public assistance they have spent RAISING this grown woman from her settlement. I am sure at that point, she will OWE the state of NC

Some people should never, ever have a child. I am sure if you abandon one child, you aren’t deserving of another. I am sure if you can’t feed yourself without assistance, you have no right bringing another mouth into this world for taxpayers to feed.

Sick and tired of the political correctness that has ruined this country.
100% Agree.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 PM

700 posts, read 1,552,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
COMPENSATION!!! Why??? The state was doing what at the time was thought best. They were doing the same as others. People think that because it is look at as wrong now they need a dollar. BS!!!! It happened. Sorry. What more????
Well, Here we go $20,000. This was on WXII news. Stepdaughter said a million would be a slap in the face. Even said it made her step-dad turn to alcohol. Again, they have opened the purse of NC again.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
Well, Here we go $20,000. This was on WXII news. Stepdaughter said a million would be a slap in the face. Even said it made her step-dad turn to alcohol. Again, they have opened the purse of NC again.
Yep. They want and want and want. And do not contribute one bit. I hope the state of North Carolina doesn't give them a dime.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:00 AM

2,094 posts, read 4,097,990 times
A few years a representative in New Orleans actually wanted to start a voluntary program where they would pay you and pay for getting the procedure done. He was ridiculed, screamed at, and mocked up and down the news channels.

I don't get it! It makes me so angry! He was giving these people who don't have the smarts or money to use protection and way to prevent more babies, AND he was paying them for it. But he was the bad guy! Bah.

I also I agree 100% that if you messed up once and are one welfare and have a baby you should be placed on depo. There is no way you are going to get off welfare if you just make another baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina