Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 08:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,692 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm new to this forum when it comes to posting a question but have found quite a lot of very helpful advise and knowledge about NC. I probably missed a post about this already but I was curious on what experience or opinions of winters in Statesville there might be. I have some family there and would like to leave upstate NY for a more tolerable winter , I understand that no place is perfect but here in NY the winter is really brutal and after living here my entire life (I'm old) I could use a break. Any advice or help is very much appreciated , thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,812,025 times
City-Data has little "snapshots" of almost every city and town; here is the one for Statesville. Climate data is about 1/3 of the way down. Also, since you say you have family there, maybe they can give you comparisons about the weather there versus where you are.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:35 PM

2 posts, read 4,692 times
Thanks for the fast response , I did check the climate data for Statesville but I was hoping that someone who lives there might be able to expand on it a little. I also forgot to mention that my family there has only been there for a few months my apologies on that. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:27 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,154,826 times
Winter weather is very mild overall. It can get cold, sometimes flirting with single digits, but that's usually just a very few nights in the depths of winter. Most typical winter days will see highs in the 40's and lows in the high 20's to 30's. Snow is relatively rare...maybe 2-3 snows during a typical year, and anything more than 6 inches is unusual. Then it all melts within 3-4 days. We do not have snow on the ground all winter like many places up north.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:26 PM

3,830 posts, read 6,727,361 times
The I-40 area does seem to get a little more snow than the Charlotte area. I live in Mooresville and my boss lives in Statesville, and she always gets more snow than I do (even though it is only 15 miles). But, compared to the mountain area or other states, it is still pretty mild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina